List of celebrities who run, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Staying in shape is very important for many famous actors, musicians, politicians, and athletes. Several celebrities have incorporated running into their fitness routines as a way to exercise their bodies while calming their minds. Many of these famous people have even completed multiple marathons.
Who is the most famous celebrity who runs? Jessica Alba tops our list. The Sin City actress incorporates running into her fitness routine. Jennifer Lawrence incorporates running as part of her preparation for her role in the Hunger Games films. Heidi Klum is an avid runner and she designs fitness clothes for New Balance with her HKNB collection.
Several celebrities are such dedicated runners that they have completed marathons. Ryan Reynolds ran the 2008 New York City Marathon with a time of 3:50:00. He used the opportunity to raise funds for Michael J. Fox’s charity for Parkinson’s disease, as his father suffers from the condition. Shia LaBeouf ran tge Los Angeles Marathon with a finishing time of 4:35.Do you think that running is the best way to stay in shape? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYJennifer Lawrence incorporates running as part of her preparation for her role in The Hunger Games films. She was also seen running in the movie Silver Linings Playbook.
- Age: 30
- Birthplace: Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYAnchorman star Will Ferrell is a dedicated runner and has finished three marathons, including the 2003 Boston Marathon with a time of 3:56:12.
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: Irvine, California, USA
- Alternative Name: Phil Reston
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYIn 1994, Oprah Winfrey completed the Marine Corps Marathon in 4:29:20.
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, USA
- Alternative Name: Oprah
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYFormer President George W. Bush is an avid runner. He told Runner's World Magazine that running helps him get to sleep at night and keeps him disciplined. He completed the 1993 Houston Marathon in 3:44:52.
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America