Celebrities Who Went to Elementary School Together
Elementary school is a time to learn, grow, and make new friends. But for these future famous people, those years may have also been a time to network. A number of notable actors, actresses, and musicians actually attended the same grade schools. Some of these celebrities who went to school together became fast friends, while others weren't very close. One famous pair of grade school friends even went on to win an Oscar together.
That particular pair tops this list of famous people who went to elementary school together. Acclaimed actors and executives Matt Damon and Ben Affleck have been friends since the third grade. They attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School together long before they won Oscars for co-writing Good Will Hunting.
You may be surprised to discover that the connection between Gwyneth Paltrow and Maya Rudolph goes back a generation. Their fathers were best friends from college and the future actresses went to grade school together. Paltrow even shared their 5th-grade class picture from the Crossroads School when she hosted Saturday Night Live.Before they were household names, these celebrities were just kids on the playground. Read on to discover what other famous people attended grade school together.
Though these two don't really have a lot in common now, actor Matthew Perry and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau did when they were kids. These two attended the same elementary school in Canada, and Perry revealed he once beat up the future world leader.
According to Perry, Trudeau was a natural athlete which made Perry insanely jealous. He and a group of his friends ganged up on Trudeau and beat him up. Perry jokingly told Jimmy Kimmel he likes to think that maybe he had something to do with Trudeau becoming Prime Minister.
- Photo: photos.laineygossip.com / via PinterestMatt Damon and Ben Affleck have been friends since the third grade. The actors and executives attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School together long before they won Oscars for co-writing Good Will Hunting.
- Photo: elle.com / via PinterestGwyneth Paltrow and Maya Rudolph's fathers were best friends from college and the future actresses went to grade school together. Paltrow even shared their 5th-grade class picture from the Crossroads School when she hosted Saturday Night Live.
- Photo: HelloGiggles / via PinterestRyan Gosling and Justin Timberlake aren't just friends from grade school, they're practically brothers. They worked together on The Mickey Mouse Club, went to school together, and lived together. Timberlake's mom even let Gosling stay with them in the U.S. while Gosling's mom worked back in Canada.
- Photo: Bustle.com / via PinterestBrooklyn Nine-Nine co-stars Andy Samberg and Chelsea Peretti go way back. The comedians went to grade school together and even carpooled to their 6th-grade graduation – as seen in the photo above.
- Photo: snakkle.com / via PinterestLady Gaga and Nicky Hilton went to the Pre-K – Grade 12 school Convent of the Sacred Heart in New York at the same time. Nicky's sister Paris Hilton also attended the school, but she is a few years older.