This list contains information about celebrities who went to Yale University, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Several famous actors, musicians, and politicians attended Yale University. Some of these celebrities received degrees from the Ivy League school, while others dropped out to focus on their careers. Several U.S. Presidents attended Yale University including a father and son.
Who is the most famous person who attended Yale? Meryl Streep tops this list. Streep earned an M.F.A. from the Yale School of Drama in the 1970s. Jennifer Connelly studied English at Yale from 1988-1989. She later finished out her college education by studying drama at Stanford University
Several famous men also went to Yale. George H. W. Bush graduated from Yale with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics in 1948. While there, he was a member of the Skull and Bones secret society. Bush's son, George W. Bush, also attended Yale.Do you think that attending Yale helped these celebrities succeed in their careers? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Meryl Streep earned an M.F.A. from the Yale School of Drama in the 1970s.
- Paul Newman studied acting at the Yale School of Drama for one year before leaving to study with Lee Strasberg at the Actors Studio.
- Photo: Joe Seer / ShutterstockAngela Bassett earned a B.A. degree in African-American studies from Yale in 1980. She went on to receive her M.F.A. from the Yale School of Drama.
- Jennifer Connelly studied English at Yale from 1988-1989. She later finished out her college education by studying drama at Stanford University.
- Paul Giamatti earned a Bachelor's degree in English from Yale University in 1989. He went on to receive an M.F.A. from the Yale School of Drama. While attending Yale, Giamatti was a member of the Skull and Bones secret society.
- Claire Danes studied psychology at Yale University for two years before dropping out to focus on her acting career.