Most celebrities try to cultivate an air of otherworldliness around their persona when they’re in public. This makes sense, because to the everyday person, celebrities are from another world. But let’s not forget that movie and rock stars were just regular people before their careers took off - and reportedly, some of them were total jerks. Sometimes, we think we know who the meanest celebrities are. For a while, Harrison Ford was on top of that list, but then he started answering Star Wars questions and all was forgiven. But some of the rudest celebrities don't have a galaxy far far away to fall back on and are just total meanies. If you've never had a celebrity encounter and don't know who not to approach, just peruse this handy list of celebrities who've always been discourteous, according to those who have crossed paths.
As a rule of thumb, most celebrities who are rude try to keep their less than savory behavior under wraps in case the fan they're being impolite to blabs to the press. But before super rude celebs were famous, they weren't worried about gossip rags or being exposed by bloggers, so they let their rude flag fly. A lot of celebrities have a PR person who knows how to spin their client's unfavorable behavior, but some celebs are just jerks down to the bone, and this list is going to expose the who's who amongst the allegedly ill-mannered.
- A Reddit user from Stratford, Ontario (the Biebz's old stomping grounds), remembers the "Say What You Mean" crooner as an annoying classmate who once poured coffee on a teacher and then flipped her off, which merited a suspension. Too bad that's on his permanent record.
- Age: 26
- Birthplace: London, Canada
Wowee, that's all we can say about this story of Demi Lovato bullying some poor kid before she was a Disney star. It's hard to get the entire story from this post, but it seems like a pre-fame Lovato was cruel in the same way that a lot of young children can be cruel.
- Age: 28
- Birthplace: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
Robert Downey Jr. has one of those faces where you know he's snappy, but that's kind of why you like him. But according to one Redditor whose aunt allegedly attended high school with Iron Man, the actor was rude to everyone (including teachers) because he knew he'd be successful one way or another.
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Bo Burnham's pre-fame life is brought up quite a bit on Reddit, and it turns out that a lot of the comedian's high school chums thought he became a conceited blowhard once he started getting YouTube views. Also, he was apparently really into PT Cruisers.
- Age: 30
- Birthplace: USA, Hamilton, Massachusetts