Birth defects are fairly common, but you may be surprised to discover that there are many celebrities with birth defects. Several famous actors, musicians, and TV stars were born with appearance-altering conditions. Some celebs with birth defects came into the world with extra fingers or toes, while other famous people with birth defects have conditions that affect the eyes.
The top spot on this list is claimed by one of the biggest icons of the silver screen. Elizabeth Taylor was lauded for her famous violet eyes and long eyelashes – but those lashes were actually the result of a genetic condition that caused them to grow twice as thick. Actress Megan Fox was born with a condition that gives her clubbed thumbs, and Bond girl Gemma Arterton was born with six fingers on each hand. Extra appendages are a theme on this list: Taye Diggs was also born with 12 fingers, and many celebs have third (or even fourth) nipples.At first glance, the conditions affecting these celebrities may seem strange. By talking about their experiences, however, these stars shed light on birth defects that were misunderstood for too long. Read on to discover what other stars appear on this list.
- Elizabeth Taylor's birth defect became one of her greatest physical attributes. A condition called distichiasis caused her to have extra eyelashes, which drew even more attention to her unusual violet eyes.
- Age: Dec. at 79 (1932-2011)
- Birthplace: Hampstead Garden Suburb, United Kingdom
- Photo: Rotten Tomatoes / via PinterestJoaquin Phoenix has a scar on his lip because he was born with a micro cleft.
- Age: 41
- Birthplace: Río Piedras, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
- Megan Fox was born with a condition called brachydactyly type-D, which gives her clubbed thumbs.
- Age: 34
- Birthplace: Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States of America
- Ashton Kutcher has admitted to being born with slightly webbed toes. He jokingly said, "When everything else is this good-looking, something has to give."
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States of America