List of Celebrities with Vitiligo, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Vitiligo is a condition that effects the pigments of an individual's skin. The cause of vitiligo is unknown and stress can worsen the disorder. Vitiligo can be treated by applying steroids and using ultraviolet light. In extreme cases an individual may opt to de-pigment their unaffected skin so that it blends in with the patches effected by vitiligo.
Who is the most famous person who had vitiligo? Michael Jackson tops our list. Michael Jackson always said that he had vitiligo and that the condition was making his skin lighten in patches all over his body. Jackson always denied bleaching his skin and autopsy reports that were done after Jackson's death confirmed that he did in fact have the vitiligo.
Jon Hamm has stress induced vitiligo. The “Mad Men” actor says that the condition developed as a result of working on his hit TV show. Hamm's condition fluctuates in severity and primarily effects his hands. Other famous people who have vitiligo include “The Jerk” star Steve Martin, “Arthur” actor Dudley Moore and comedian Joe Rogan.Did you always think that Michael Jackson had vitiligo or did you think that he was lightening his skin as a personal preference? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Michael Jackson had vitilgo, and many speculate that that is why his skin color changed drastically as he got older.
- Age: Dec. at 50 (1958-2009)
- Birthplace: Gary, Indiana, United States of America
- "Pretty Little Liars" star Holly Marie Combs has vitiligo on both her hands.
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Jon Hamm has stress-induced vitiligo that affects his hands. He did not have the condition prior to working on "Mad Men."
- Age: 50
- Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Dudley MooreArthur actor Dudley Moore suffered from vitiligo.
- Age: Dec. at 66 (1935-2002)
- Birthplace: Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom