Divorce, separation, and break-ups can be messy, but they're all usually much messier when children are involved. Several famous actors, musicians and models have been involved in bitter, drawn-out custody disputes. In the end, some of these celebs came out on top, winning sole custody of their kids, while others weren't so lucky.
Who is the most famous person who has been involved in a custody battle? Brittney Spears tops our list. After divorcing Kevin Federline in 2007, Britney Spears and her ex were in a custody dispute over their two sons. Halle Berry and her ex Gabriel Aubry were involved in a four-year custody battle over their daughter Nahla. Following his split from Oksana Grigorieva, Mel Gibson found himself in and out of court to fight for custody of the couple's daughter.
Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller fought over custody of their children for years before reaching an agreement. At one point, the kids even lived with Sheen's ex-wife Denise Richards because neither parent was in good enough condition to care for them. Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger engaged in a bitter custody battle following their divorce.What do you think is the best way to determine who should get custody of a child? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Ciara and her ex-fiance, Future, were granted joint custody of their nearly two-year-old son, Future Zahir, in 2016. The decision came after Ciara's a long battle for sole custody. She claimed that the rapper had been an absentee father to to their son. Unfortunately for her, the argument fell on deaf ears. The two were also in a separate legal battle over a defamation dispute, with Ciara claiming that Future called her a bad mother on Twitter and in the press.
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: Austin, Texas, United States of America
After divorcing Kevin Federline in 2007, Britney Spears and her ex were in a custody dispute over their two sons.(Source)
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: McComb, Mississippi, USA
Halle Berry and her ex Gabriel Aubry were involved in a four-year custody battle over their daughter Nahla.(Source)
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes found themselves in a custody dispute over their daughter Suri after they divorced in 2012.(Source)
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Syracuse, New York, United States of America