Lucky for these celebs, February 29 (AKA Leap Day) only comes around once every four years - which means they'll technically stay young for much longer then their normal birthday counterparts. So who are the most famous people born on February 29? This list of famous Leap Day birthday includes everything from rappers and athletes to actors and serial killers.
Maybe a bad omen for Leap Day babies, Richard Ramirez and Aileen Wuornos were both born on February 29. Ramirez was given the name “Night Stalker” prior to being found guilty of many murders in Los Angeles in the mid-1980s. Wuornos's murderous story was depicted in the 2003 film, Monster, starring Charlize Theron.
In happier news, inspirational speaker and author Tony Robbins was born on Feb. 29, 1960. He travels the world sharing his motivation techniques on life, love and finance during special sessions and retreats. Other celebrities who were born on Leap Day include Ja Rule, Antonio Sabato Jr., and Dinah Shore.Are you surprised that so many celebrity leap day birthdays appear on this list? Take a look and get in the conversation in the comments section.
- Year Born: 1976Jeffrey Bruce Atkins (born February 29, 1976), better known by his stage name Ja Rule (), is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor from Queens, New York. Born in Hollis, Queens, he debuted in 1999 with Venni Vetti Vecci and its single "Holla Holla". From 1999 to 2005, Ja Rule had multiple hits that made the top 20 of the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, including "Between Me and You" with Christina Milian, "I'm Real (Murder Remix)" and "Ain't It Funny" with Jennifer Lopez, which both topped the US Billboard Hot 100, the Grammy-nominated #1 hit "Always on Time" with Ashanti, "Mesmerize" with Ashanti, and "Wonderful" with R. Kelly and Ashanti. During the 2000s, Ja Rule was signed to... more
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York
- Year Born: 1960Anthony Jay Robbins (born Anthony J. Mahavoric; February 29, 1960) is an American author, philanthropist, and life coach. Robbins is known for his infomercials, seminars, and self-help books including Unlimited Power and Awaken the Giant Within.In 2015 and 2016 Robbins was listed on the Worth Magazine Power 100 list. His seminars are organized through Robbins Research International.... more
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Year Born: 1916Dinah Shore (born Fannye Rose Shore; February 29, 1916 – February 24, 1994) was a 20th century American singer, actress and television personality, and the top-charting female vocalist of the 1940s. She rose to prominence as a recording artist during the Big Band era. She achieved even greater success a decade later, in television, mainly as hostess of a series of variety programs for Chevrolet automobile company. After failing singing auditions for the bands of Benny Goodman, and both Jimmy and Tommy Dorsey, Shore struck out on her own. She became the first singer of her era to achieve huge solo success. She had a string of 80 charted popular hits, spanning 1940–1957, and after appearing... more
- Age: Dec. at 78 (1916-1994)
- Birthplace: Tennessee, USA, Winchester
Dennis FarinaYear Born: 1944Dennis Farina (February 29, 1944 – July 22, 2013) was an American film and television actor, TV presenter and former Chicago police officer. He was a character actor, often typecast as a mobster or police officer. He is known for roles such as mobster Jimmy Serrano in the comedy Midnight Run, Ray "Bones" Barboni in Get Shorty and Cousin Avi in Snatch. He starred on television as Lieutenant Mike Torello on Crime Story and as NYPD Detective Joe Fontana on Law & Order. From 2008–2010, he hosted and narrated the television program Unsolved Mysteries on Spike TV. His last major television role was in HBO's Luck, which premiered on January 29, 2012. ... more
- Age: Dec. at 69 (1944-2013)
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, USA