They say that somewhere out there in the great wide world, everybody has a doppelgänger. A "doppelgänger" is basically a lookalike. It translates literally from German to mean "double shadow." Some people may never find their doppelgänger, but these people have won the long-lost-twin jackpot: their lookalikes just so happen to be famous celebrities.
If you've ever been mistaken for someone else by a stranger, you know how weird it feels when a totally random person tells you, "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else." But the people who look like celebrities on this list are mistaken for their famous counterparts all the time. These uncanny celebrity doppelgängers submitted side-by-side photographs of themselves to a Reddit thread, and let the Internet decide if they truly looked like their alleged celebrity twin or not. We definitely think they do - some of these lookalikes are eerily similar to a few ultra-famous actors, musicians, comedians, and even cartoons.Vote up the best celebrity lookalike below, and be sure to let us know what you think in the comment section.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons
Paul Dano and Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi (who, as seen pictured, played on Italy's version of Wheel of Fortune).
- Age: 36
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York, Harlem
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BY- Tobias476 on Reddit
- Age: 29
- Birthplace: Halifax, United Kingdom
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYA man pretending to be Bradley Cooper crashed the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.
- Age: 45
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License- paris_loves_parrots on Reddit
- Age: 83
- Birthplace: Neptune City, New Jersey, United States of America