Celebrity Women You Won't Believe Are Under Five Feet Tall
These short celebrity women all have larger-than-life personas so it can come as a shock to see just how short they really are. Teeny tiny famous women like Veronica Lake and Lil' Kim rock the screen and command attention but if you encountered them in person, you'd probably be looking down at the top of their heads. These celebs under five feet tall aren't just short, they are really short.
In our quest to know everything about celebrities, it's weirdly interesting to find out exactly how tall they are. It isn't always easy to know the true heights of short famous women; many insist on wearing towering heels and others frequently lie about their respective heights. But knowing their true statures can give us a better picture of what they are like in person. For all of you women out there who are under 5' tall, these celebrities are just like you!
- Photo: Monique Tatum / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0Kimberly Denise Jones (born July 11, 1974 or 1975), known professionally as Lil' Kim, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, model, and actress. Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, she lived much of her adolescent life on the streets after being expelled from home. In her teens, Jones would freestyle rap, heavily influenced by fellow female hip-hop artists like MC Lyte and The Lady of Rage. In 1994, she was discovered by fellow rapper The Notorious B.I.G., who invited her to join his group Junior M.A.F.I.A.; their debut album, Conspiracy, generated two top 20 singles in the United States and was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Lil' Kim's debut ...more
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Photo: Amy Nicole Waltney / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0Nicole Elizabeth LaValle (née Polizzi; born November 23, 1987), best known by her nickname "Snooki", is an American reality television personality, television host, author, professional wrestler, and dancer who is best known for being a cast member of the MTV reality show Jersey Shore and starring in Snooki & Jwoww and Jersey Shore: Family Vacation. Since appearing on Jersey Shore in 2009, Snooki has gained popularity, leading to numerous talk show appearances, web and television series participation and hosting, and a large social media following. She reportedly earned $150,000 per Jersey Shore episode by the last season. She also appeared as the guest hostess for WWE Raw in 2011 and ...more
- Birthplace: Santiago, Chile
- Photo: Glenn Francis / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0"Paralyze (song)" redirects here. For the song by Finger Eleven, see Paralyzer. Nguyễn Thị Thiên Thanh (born October 24, 1981), better known by her stage names Tila Tequila, Tila Nguyen, Miss Tila and Tornado Thien is an American television and social media personality. She first gained recognition for her active presence on social networking websites. After becoming the most popular person on Myspace, Tequila was offered the opportunity to star in her own reality television series. Her bisexual-themed dating show, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila (2007), aired for two seasons and became MTV's second highest-rated series premiere of that year. Born in Singapore and raised in Houston, ...more
- Birthplace: Singapore
- Photo: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer / Wikimedia Commons / Public DomainJudy Garland (born Frances Ethel Gumm; June 10, 1922 – June 22, 1969) was an American actress, singer, dancer, and vaudevillian. During a career that spanned 45 years, she attained international stardom as an actress in both musical and dramatic roles, as a recording artist, and on the concert stage. Respected for her versatility, she received a juvenile Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Special Tony Award. Garland was the first woman to win the Grammy Award for Album of the Year for her live recording Judy at Carnegie Hall (1961). Garland began performing in vaudeville as a child with her two older sisters, and was later signed to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer as a teenager. Although she ...more
- Birthplace: Grand Rapids, USA, Minnesota
- Photo: Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0Kristin Dawn Chenoweth (; born Kristi Dawn Chenoweth, July 24, 1968) is an American actress and singer, with credits in musical theatre, film and television. In 1999, she won a Tony Award for her performance as Sally Brown in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown on Broadway. In 2003, she received wide notice for originating the role of Glinda in the musical Wicked, including a nomination for another Tony. Her television roles have included Annabeth Schott in NBC's The West Wing and Olive Snook on the ABC comedy-drama Pushing Daisies, for which she won a 2009 Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. Chenoweth also starred in the ABC TV series GCB in 2012. Chenoweth sang ...more
- Birthplace: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
- Photo: Calebrw / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 3.0Shawn Machel Johnson East (born January 19, 1992) is an American former artistic gymnast. She is the 2008 Olympic balance beam gold medalist and team, all-around and floor exercise silver medalist. Johnson is also a five-time Pan American Games gold medalist, winning the team titles in 2007 and 2011, as well as titles in the all-around, uneven bars, and balance beam in 2007. Johnson became a member of the U.S. senior team in 2007. She had one of the best rookie seasons ever recorded in the history of gymnastics, winning the all-around at the American Cup, Pan American Games, U.S. National Championships, and World Championships all in her first year as a senior gymnast. She is the 2007 ...more
- Birthplace: Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America