List of the best Cher movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Cher is best known for recording hit songs like "I've Got You Babe" and "I Believe," but she is also an Oscar-winning actress. Cher's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world, but the order of this Cher movies list is decided by how many votes each film receives, so only her most highly rated movies will be at the top.
If you think the best Cher role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Cher performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases, they go hand in hand.
This list features Moonstruck, Mermaids and more films and answers the questions, "What are the best Cher movies?" and "What are the greatest Cher roles of all time?" If you are a fan of Cher's dramatic work, you might also enjoy our list of best Nicolas Cage movies and best Winona Ryder movies.
- No sooner does Italian-American widow Loretta (Cher) accept a marriage proposal from her doltish boyfriend, Johnny (Danny Aiello), than she finds herself falling for his younger brother, Ronny ...more
- Rocky Dennis (Eric Stoltz) is an intelligent, outgoing and humorous teenager who suffers from a facial deformity called "lionitis" and has now outlived his life expectancy. While his mother, Rusty ...more
- Carl Anderson (Liam Neeson), a deaf, mute and homeless war veteran, is arrested for the murder of a prominent judge's secretary. But Kathleen Riley (Cher), Anderson's lawyer, believes her client is ...more
- This drama is based on the true story of Karen Silkwood (Meryl Streep), who works at a nuclear facility, along with her boyfriend, Drew Stephens (Kurt Russell), and their roommate, Dolly Pelliker ...more
- Fifteen-year-old Charlotte Flax (Winona Ryder) is tired of her wacky mom (Cher) moving their family to a different town any time she feels it is necessary. When they move to a small Massachusetts ...more
- Three small-town friends, Alexandra (Cher), Jane (Susan Sarandon) and Sukie (Michelle Pfeiffer), each having lost the man in their lives, are feeling unfulfilled -- until a furtive stranger, Daryl ...more
- Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean is a 1982 comedy drama film adaptation of Ed Graczyk's 1976 play of the same name. The Broadway and screen versions were directed by Robert ...more
- The Farewell Tour is the third live music video title by singer-actress Cher. Released by Warner Music Video in 2003, it contained a live date from Living Proof: The Farewell Tour, filmed at American ...more
- Ali (Christina Aguilera), a small-town gal with a great voice, leaves a troubled life behind and follows her dreams to Los Angeles. She lands a job as a cocktail waitress at the Burlesque Lounge, a ...more
- If These Walls Could Talk is a 1996 made-for-cable film, broadcast on HBO. It follows the plights of three different women and their experiences with abortion. Each of the three stories takes place ...more
- Tea with Mussolini is a 1999 Anglo-Italian semi-autobiographical film directed by Franco Zeffirelli, scripted by John Mortimer, telling the story of young Italian boy Luca's upbringing by a circle of ...more
- Pop-star duo Sonny (Sonny Bono) and Cher (Cher) star in this parody of Hollywood B-movie clichés, helmed by director William Friedkin. Given the opportunity to headline their own feature film by ...more
- Margaret (Cher) is in the midst of a midlife crisis. Her husband, Jack (Ryan O'Neal), is sleeping with another woman and has hired a thug, Tony (Chazz Palminteri), to murder her for the payout on her ...more
- Trying to make a new start, Chastity (Cher) hitchhikes from town to town looking for something but not knowing what. She escapes a lecherous truck driver by stealing a car and driving to Mexico, ...more
- Certain that the anonymous threats he's been receiving are the work of David Kahane (Vincent D'Onofrio), producer Griffin Mill (Tim Robbins) tries to fix things over cocktails. Instead, Griffin ends ...more
- In Martha's Vineyard, Mass., conjoined twins Walt (Greg Kinnear) and Bob Tenor (Matt Damon) make the best of their handicap by being the fastest grill cooks in town. While outgoing Walt hopes to one ...more
- Kindhearted Griffin Keyes (Kevin James) is one of the best-loved caretakers at the Franklin Park Zoo, but since he is more comfortable with the animals than with females of his own species, his love ...more
- The Wrecking Crew is a 2008 American documentary film directed by Denny Tedesco. It covers the story of the Los Angeles-based group of session musicians known as The Wrecking Crew, famed for having ...more