Chevys Fresh Mex recipes, the best list of recipes for your favorite dishes from the Chevys Fresh Mex menu. These are copycat recipes and they are not exactly the same as those from Chevys Fresh Mex, but they are modeled closely on the flavor and texture of Chevys Fresh Mex's food, making it easier than ever to bring these great tastes to your house for cheap. If you love the amazing flavors of delicious Mexican food then you will love these recipes.
There is almost nothing better than laying on the beach and sipping a cold mexican beer. Having some Chevys Fresh Mex to chow down on is the only thing that makes it better. Even if you can't lay back and relax on the sandy shores of your local beach, the delicious taste of Chevys is never too far because you can use this list to make all your favorite dishes.
From the delicious salsa and tantalizing fajitas, Chevys knows good Mexican food and the proof is in the great taste. The only problem is that eating out at restaurants all the time can be very expensive. Not to mention the fact that, at restaurants, you have no portion control, and can't alter the recipes, ingredients or style of cooking to suit your own taste.Using our recipes to make Chevys Fresh Mex at home gives you the ability to have whatever you want to eat, while saving you money, and providing the same great diversity and taste that you'd find at your favorite casual dining spot. This list will show you the best Chevys Fresh Mex recipes that you can find anywhere on the web.
Original Famous Chicken FajitasPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
1 cup packed cilantro leaves, plus extra for serving- Put the cilantro, lime juice, broth, scallions, garlic, jalapeno, honey, and salt in a blender, puree until smooth.
1/4 cup lime juice, about 2 limes
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
3 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno, seeded if desired
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2-pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
2 orange and/or yellow bell peppers, quartered, seeds removed
1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt
12 corn tortillas
- Reserve 2 tablespoons; do not wash out the blender.
- Put chicken breasts in a medium bowl and the peppers and onions in another.
- Divide the remaining cilantro puree evenly between the chicken and the peppers and onions.
- Toss well to coat the chicken and vegetables and let stand, at room temperature, for 30 minutes.
- Add the avocado, 1/2 cup water, and the reserved 2 tablespoons cilantro sauce to the blender.
- Puree until smooth and season with salt.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet set over medium heat until hot.
- Add the cumin and coriander and continue to cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour the spices over the yogurt.
- Set aside for the flavors to blend.
- Stir before serving.
- Preheat a grill for medium-high/direct heat cooking.
- Oil the grill grates.
- Grill the chicken and vegetables, turning, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, about 5 to 8 minutes for the vegetables and 12 to 15 minutes for the chicken.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes.
- Place the tortillas on the grill until just warmed through, about 30 seconds.
To assemble the fajitas:
- Slice the onions and peppers into thin strips.
- Slice the chicken.
- Place some peppers, onions, chicken and cilantro in a tortilla topped with the spiced yogurt and the avocado sauce.6232Would you try this?
Chipotle Chicken EnchiladaPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
1 1/2 chicken breast, cooked and cubed- Melt butter in a skillet.
9 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp sour cream
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup onion, minced
1 cup water
12 corn tortillas
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup beef broth
3-4 chipotles, from a can of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
2 Tbsp adobo sauce from can
1 tsp ground cumin
- Stir in flour.
- Cook this roux until it is light brown.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Slowly stir in broth.
- Place pan over medium heat and whisk in water.
- Add spices, garlic, chiles, and adobo sauce.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Heat some oil in another skillet.
- Lightly fry corn tortilla to soften it.
- Place it on a plate and fill with 1 Tbsp onion, and 1 Tbsp chicken
- Roll and place in a 9" x 13 " baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cover enchiladas with the chipotle sauce.
- Top with any remaining onions and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes, just until sauce bubbles.2410Would you try this?
CarnitasPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
1 (3 pound) boneless pork butt- Cut the pork into 4 pieces and place in a deep pot.
1 cup water
Flour or corn tortillas
2 cups refried beans, warmed
1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup salsa
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Add the water to the pot, cover.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the pork from the pot and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm the flour or corn tortillas.
- Spread some of the beans on each tortilla and top with some of the pork.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime over each tortilla.
- Add the cilantro, onion, salsa, and avocado.124Would you try this?
Fresh Fish FajitaPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
1 1/2 cups green bell pepper strips
3/4 cup thinly sliced onion
1 1/2 pounds grouper fillets, cut into 1/2-inch strips
1/3 cup beer
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups salsa
6 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- Add bell pepper, onion, and fish.
- Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add beer.
- Cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Set aside, and keep warm.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil, and bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Divide fish mixture evenly among tortillas, and roll up.
- Arrange 2 fajitas on each of 6 plates.
- Top with 1/3 cup Tomatillo Guacamole, 1/4 cup salsa, and 1 tablespoon sour cream.114Would you try this?