Whether they're witty, engaging, compassionate, or controversial, talk show hosts stick with a generation. From the greatest morning hosts to the best late night talk show hosts, the people of America remember the big personas of Anderson Cooper and Jay Leno. But have you ever wondered what they looked like when they were younger, before they became famous? Well, you don't have to look far for a then-and-now comparison of talk show hosts.
For your perusal, compiled below is a slideshow of famous talk show hosts' young pictures. Even people like Oprah, who hosted one of the longest-running talk shows, have some photos from their younger years.
- Credits (TV): The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Late Show with David Letterman, Strangers with Candy, Harvey Birdman
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., USA
- Age: 57
- Credits (TV): Dr. Phil, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Women of Brewster Place, Rachael Ray, The Dr. Oz Show
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, USA
- Age: 67
- Credits (TV): 30 Rock, Saturday Night Live, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Guys with Kids, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Age: 47
- Credits (TV): Hollywood Squares, Back at the Barnyard, The X's, Singled Out, Talking Dead
- Birthplace: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
- Age: 50