Chipotle recipes, a helpful guide to preparing your favorite dishes from the Chipotle menu at home. These copycat recipes are typically not based on exactly the method used at Chipotle, but are modeled closely on the flavor and texture of Chipotle's food, making it easier than ever to bring these great tastes to your house for cheap.
From the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster to the amazing sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings, it's always tempting to go out for a delicious treat at one of the numerous chain and franchise restaurants dotting the landscape. But eating out at restaurants all the time can be a costly proposition. Not to mention the fact that, at restaurants, you have no portion control, and can't alter the recipes, ingredients or style of cooking to suit your own taste.
What goes into a Chipotle burrito? Making Chipotle recipes in your home gives you all of these options, while saving you money, and providing the same great diversity and taste that you'd find at your favorite casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Chipotle recipes from around the Web.
Check out more lists like this such as delicious IHOP recipes, food that helps you burn fat and 10 shocking foods you think are healthy but are not!
- 534 VOTES
Chips and GuacamolePhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (such as McCormick)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped plum totato
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 ripe peeled avocados, seeded and coarsely mashed
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°.To prepare guacamole:
- To prepare chips, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges;
- Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle wedges with 1/2 teaspoon salt and chile powder; lightly coat wedges with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until wedges are crisp and lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Peel papery husk from tomatillos.
- Wash, core, and finely chop.
- Combine tomatillos, onion, and remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Serve guacamole with chips.Would you try this?