List of the best Clark Gable movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Clark Gable's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Clark Gable movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Clark Gable movies will be at the top of the list. Clark Gable has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Clark Gable movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Clark Gable films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Clark Gable role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Clark Gable performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Everything from Men in White to The Painted Desert is included on this list.
"This list answers the questions, "What are the best Clark Gable movies?" and "What are the greatest Clark Gable roles of all time?"
- Presented as originally released in 1939. Includes themes and character depictions which may be offensive and problematic to contemporary audiences. Epic Civil War drama focuses on the life of ...more
- In Frank Capra's acclaimed romantic comedy, spoiled heiress Ellie Andrews (Claudette Colbert) impetuously marries the scheming King Westley, leading her tycoon father (Walter Connolly) to spirit her ...more
- When earthy prostitute Vantine (Jean Harlow) arrives at Dennis Carson's (Clark Gable) rubber plantation in Indochina, she initiates a steamy affair with the rugged foreman, but is sent packing when ...more
- This early adaptation of the classic Jack London novel follows Jack Thornton (Clark Gable) as he travels across Alaska during the Klondike Gold Rush. When he finds another Yukon-bound man, who treats ...more
- As the cruel captain of the HMS Bounty, a ship bound for Tahiti, William Bligh (Charles Laughton) wins few friends. When the crew members finally tire of his abuse, Fletcher Christian (Clark Gable) ...more
- While filing for a divorce, beautiful ex-stripper Roslyn Taber (Marilyn Monroe) ends up meeting aging cowboy-turned-gambler Gay Langland (Clark Gable) and former World War II aviator Guido Racanelli ...more
- Blackie Norton (Clark Gable) is a nightclub owner who hires a down-on-her-luck singer for his club, Mary Blake (Jeanette MacDonald). The two hit it off and even become romantically involved, but soon ...more
- Run Silent, Run Deep is a 1958 film starring Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster, based on the novel of the same name by Commander Edward L. Beach, Jr.. The title refers to "silent running", a submarine ...more
- Two rogue Texas oil men, "Big John" McMasters (Clark Gable) and "Square John" Sand (Spencer Tracy), drill oil wells in fields where there is no known oil. These wildcatters team up with a local ...more
- Dashing captain Alan Gaskell (Clark Gable) is attempting to lead a more subdued life with a new love interest, aristocrat Sybil Barclay (Rosalind Russell), when his ship is taken over by pirates ...more
- Victor Marswell (Clark Gable) is a big-game hunter in Kenya. After Eloise Kelly (Ava Gardner) is stood up by a friend there, she falls in with Marswell. Shortly thereafter, the Nordleys (Grace Kelly, ...more
- Never Let Me Go is a 1953 MGM romantic adventure film starring Clark Gable and Gene Tierney. The picture was directed by Delmer Daves, produced by Clarence Brown, from a screenplay by George ...more
- Gambler Babe Stewart (Clark Gable) flees Manhattan when his mistress threatens to turn him in. He hides out in a small town, where he meets prim librarian Connie Randall (Carole Lombard). When Connie ...more
- Eager to reestablish his advertising career after the war, Vic Norman (Clark Gable) convinces an executive (Adolphe Menjou) that he can secure the challenging Evans Beauty Soap account. Despite the ...more
- In the 1880s, con man Candy Johnson (Clark Gable) settles in Yellow Creek after meeting the town's beautiful and smart resident Elizabeth Cotton (Lana Turner) on a train. Candy recognizes Elizabeth's ...more
- Steve Fisk (Clark Gable) is a longshoreman turned mayor of a small California city. Clarissa Standish (Loretta Young) is an upper-class, college-educated woman and mayor of a little town in Maine. ...more
- In a French Guiana penal colony, an escape attempt by hardened criminal Verne (Clark Gable) is thwarted by jaded prostitute Julie (Joan Crawford). Undaunted, Verne blackmails brutal killer Moll ...more
- Live-in nurse Lora Hart (Barbara Stanwyck) is sent to care for two ailing young children. As the health of her patients gets progressively worse, she begins to question the methods of the children's ...more
- Jim Wade and Blackie Gallagher are two boys orphaned by the sinking of a ship. Upon the death of their guardian, also a survivor of the sinking, the boys go their separate ways. Jim (William Powell) ...more
- Jane Hoyt (Susan Hayward) comes to Hong Kong to find her husband, Louis (Gene Barry), a photojournalist who has been missing for three months. Learning he is being held captive by the Chinese ...more
- Newspaper editor Jim Gannon (Clark Gable) doesn't have much respect for college journalism programs, so he's irate when his boss sends him to speak at a night-school class. Despite clashing with ...more
- Saratoga is a 1937 American romantic comedy film written by Anita Loos and directed by Jack Conway. The movie stars Clark Gable and Jean Harlow in their sixth and final film collaboration, and ...more
- When the Dutch resistance brings in Carla Van Oven (Lana Turner) to spy on the Nazis, Col. Pieter Deventer (Clark Gable) initially suspects she could be a double agent. Van Oven eventually convinces ...more
- Morally ambivalent defense attorney Stephen Ashe (Lionel Barrymore) gets mobster Ace Wilfong (Clark Gable) off the hook when he's brought up on charges of murder. The lawyer's impulsive daughter, Jan ...more
- Though magazine publisher Van Stanhope (Clark Gable) and his wife, Linda (Myrna Loy), are contentedly married, Van's meddling mother (May Robson) doesn't trust his attractive young secretary, Helen ...more