This is a list of the best stand up comedians who died too early. These stand up comedians died before they had run out of steam and, for most, died in the prime of their career. Stand up comedy is a hard profession and drives the people in it into some pretty rough life styles. Because of this, there are many more premature deaths in the world of comedy than there are in other professions. Not all stand up comedians succumb to this, but some of the best stand ups have died too soon. This list contains stand up comedians who are dead now (R.I.P.) and who died before their time.
This doesn't necessarily mean that the stand up comics on this list died early or young. Most of them were middle aged or, in the case of George Carlin, down right old. This list is for the stand up comics that died with plenty of comedy left in them. So much so that it is tragic to lose them. The famous dead comedians on this list are white, black, asian, latino and everything in between. Some of these deaths occurred recently, whereas others happened decades ago.All items on this list contain videos of some of the best performances by the deceased comedians in question. Please note that some of these videos contain harsh language and may not be suitable for work. Vote up your favorite stand up comedian who died to soon and add any that you think have been overlooked.
- Photo: Uncle Buck
884196Could have produced more?
- Age: Dec. at 43 (1950-1994)
- Birthplace: Newmarket, Canada
- Credits: SCTV, Spaceballs, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Uncle Buck
- Video: YouTubeDied: 2014
# of Albums: 7
1,360346Could have produced more?
- Age: Dec. at 63 (1951-2014)
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Credits: Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Jumanji, Aladdin
- Photo: Paramount Pictures
817204Could have produced more?
- Age: Dec. at 33 (1964-1997)
- Birthplace: Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Credits: Tommy Boy, Beverly Hills Ninja, Black Sheep, Wayne's World 2
- Photo: Animal House
725175Could have produced more?
- Age: Dec. at 33 (1949-1982)
- Birthplace: Humboldt Park, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Credits: The Blues Brothers,Saturday Night Live,Animal House,1941