From the wedding day to the silver anniversary, movie marriages are full of enough funny to last a lifetime. The top marriage comedy movies feature hilarious couples bickering about everything big and small. This is a list of the funniest comedies about marriage including everything from When Harry Met Sally to The Wedding Singer to Moonstruck.
What films will you find on this list of the best funny marriage movies? In Meet the Parents, Ben Stiller has to win over his future in-laws. Jay Roach directed this 2000 film, which also stars Robert De Niro, Owen Wilson, and Teri Polo. My Best Friend's Wedding is another great comedy about marriage. Judd Apatow found the funny in marriage with his film This Is 40, which stars his real-life wife Leslie Mann. Other good films featured on this list include Just Married, Couples Retreat, and Four Christmases.
Which funny marriage movie do you like the best? Give your favorites at thumbs up and add any hilarious films that are missing. And if you like these movies, check out the best wedding movies too.
- Snobbish and wealthy Joanna Stayton (Goldie Hawn) is living a life of leisure with her husband, Grant (Edward Herrmann), when she falls off their yacht and suffers amnesia. Grant takes the ...more
- Everyone in the Portokalos family worries about Toula (Nia Vardalos). Still unmarried at 30 years old, she works at Dancing Zorba's, the Greek restaurant owned by her parents, Gus (Michael ...more
- Dragged down by the daily grind, suburbanites Phil (Steve Carell) and Claire (Tina Fey) try to invigorate their marriage by visiting a trendy Manhattan bistro. They get more than romance when ...more
- Everything that can possibly go wrong for groom-to-be Greg Focker (Ben Stiller) does. The problems begin with Greg's disastrous first meeting with his girlfriend's family -- most notably her ...more
- After many years of marriage, Pete (Paul Rudd) is the sole male in a household that includes his wife, Debbie (Leslie Mann), and two young daughters (Iris Apatow, Maude Apatow). As Pete struggles to ...more
- When Harry Met Sally… is a 1989 American romantic comedy film written by Nora Ephron and directed by Rob Reiner. It stars Billy Crystal as Harry and Meg Ryan as Sally. The story follows the title ...more
- Perfectionist Gil Buckman (Steve Martin) struggles with the deficiencies of his children, thinking they reflect poorly on his parenting -- and Gil's siblings only add to the stress of his life. One ...more
- Cal Weaver (Steve Carell) is living the American dream. He has a good job, a beautiful house, great children and a beautiful wife, named Emily (Julianne Moore). Cal's seemingly perfect life unravels, ...more
- Couples Retreat is a 2009 American romantic comedy film written and directed by Peter Billingsley with contributions to the script by Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn, Dana Fox, Curtis Hanson, and Greg ...more
- The Birdcage is a 1996 American comedy film directed by Mike Nichols, and a remake of the 1978 Franco-Italian film La Cage aux Folles by Édouard Molinaro. A gay cabaret owner (Robin Williams) and his ...more
- An ex-con and an ex-cop meet, marry and long for a child of their own. When it is discovered that Hi is unable to have children they decide to snatch a baby. They try to keep their crime a secret, ...more
- Meet the Fockers is a 2004 American comedy film directed by Jay Roach and the sequel to Meet the Parents. The film stars Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Barbra Streisand, Blythe Danner ...more
- Despondent over the marriage of her ex-husband to a younger woman, a middle-aged divorcée plunges to her death from her penthouse. At the woman's funeral, her former college friends (Bette Midler, ...more
- Nine intertwined stories examine the complexities of the one emotion that connects us all: love. Among the characters explored are David (Hugh Grant), the handsome newly elected British prime ...more
- Neighbors is a 2014 American comedy film, directed by Nicholas Stoller and written by Andrew Cohen and Brendan O'Brien. The film stars Seth Rogen and Zac Efron, with Rose Byrne, Dave Franco, and ...more
- My Best Friend's Wedding is a 1997 American romantic comedy film directed by P.J. Hogan. When a woman's long-time friend (Dermot Mulroney) reveals he's engaged, she (Julia Roberts) realizes she loves ...more
- Oscar is a 1991 American screwball comedy film directed by John Landis. Based on the Claude Magnier stage play, it is a remake of the 1967 French film of the same name, but the settings has been ...more
- After 17 years of marriage, Barbara (Kathleen Turner) and Oliver Rose (Michael Douglas) want out. The trouble is, neither one wants to part with their opulent home. So begins a long war between ...more
- Secretly a spy but thought by his family to be a dull salesman, Harry Tasker (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is tracking down nuclear missiles in the possession of Islamic jihadist Aziz (Art Malik). Harry's ...more
- No sooner does Italian-American widow Loretta (Cher) accept a marriage proposal from her doltish boyfriend, Johnny (Danny Aiello), than she finds herself falling for his younger brother, Ronny ...more
- For years, screenwriting team Richard Babson (Burt Reynolds) and Paula McCullen (Goldie Hawn) have built a successful Hollywood career while managing to live harmoniously together. After finishing ...more
- Three months after a one-night stand with Isabel Fuentes (Salma Hayek) in Las Vegas, New York City real estate developer Alex Whitman (Matthew Perry) learns she is pregnant. Despite being a terminal ...more
- Jane (Meryl Streep), a successful restaurateur, has been divorced from Jake (Alec Baldwin) for many years, although they remain friends. When an innocent meal together turns into an affair, Jane ...more
- The Wedding Planner is a 2001 romantic comedy film directed by Adam Shankman, written by Michael Ellis and Pamela Falk, and starring Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey.
- Since the time they were little girls, best friends Liv (Kate Hudson) and Emma (Anne Hathaway) have been planning every aspect of their future weddings, including choosing the same destination: New ...more