The Best Comedy Series About a Couple
Romantic relationships have been a cornerstone of TV comedies since the sitcom genre was invented. The best couple comedy shows feature characters getting on each other's nerves as only those in a long-term relationship can - but in a funny way. Whether the fictional pair is childless or trying to care for a full house, they're sure to make the audience laugh. This is a list of the greatest comedy shows about couples including everything from Friends to Mad About You to The Dick Van Dyke Show.
What sitcoms will you find on this list of the best comedy shows about couples? In the timeless sitcom I Love Lucy, real-life couple Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz got into one hilarious mess after another. Their next-door neighbors Fred and Ethel Merz added to the relationship humor. Mike & Molly is another good sitcom about a couple, while Kevin James and Leah Remini were a match made in sitcom heaven as the stars of the show The King of Queens. Other good classic comedy series about a couple featured here include Roseanne, Bewitched, and Mork & Mindy. From Mad About You to The Santa Clarita Diet, comedy shows about couples are a staple of television.
Which couples sitcom do you think is the best? What are television's best funny couple shows? Vote up the comedy shows about couples you think are the best and see where the series you love to watch rank.
- Photo: I Love Lucy
- Actors: Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance, William Frawley
- Premiered: October 15, 1951
- Photo: ABC
- Actors: Elizabeth Montgomery, Dick York, Dick Sargent, Agnes Moorehead, Maurice Evans
- Premiered: September 17, 1964
- Photo: CBS
- Actors: Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Rose Marie, Morey Amsterdam, Larry Mathews
- Premiered: October 3, 1961
- Actors: Larry Hagman, Barbara Eden, Bill Daily, Hayden Rorke
- Premiered: September 15, 1965
- Photo: IMDb / Via Pinterest
- Actors: Paul Reiser, Helen Hunt, Cloris Leachman, Abby Quinn, Cynthia Harris
- Premiered: September 23, 1992
- Photo: ABC
- Actors: Robin Williams, Pam Dawber, Jonathan Winters, Robert Donner, Conrad Janis
- Premiered: September 14, 1978