Green eyes are fascinating. In fact, they may just be the most enigmatic eye color a person can have. It is easy to see why green eyes have influenced so much literature and artwork over the years. And comic books are where literature and artwork intertwine. Over the decades, there have been countless comic book characters who sported green eyes, including some of the most influential characters in graphic novel history. These supervillains and heroes with green eyes are captivating for more reasons than just their eye color, and now, you can vote for your favorites.
Heroes like The Hulk and Green Arrow have had green eyes in various storylines. It's easy to see why because green kind of goes with their whole outfits. But it's not just heroes that have been fortunately enough to have been blessed with green eyes. From Joker to Norman Osborne, plenty of villains know how to make an impression with just a stare.
You may not have given much thought to which male and female superheroes have green eyes, but after going through this list, you won't be able to look away. Vote for your favorite DC and Marvel characters with green eyes, including who you think looks best with green pupils. Is your favorite green-eyed comic book character missing? Add them to the list!
- Photo: DC ComicsThe Joker is a fictional supervillain who appears in American comic books published by DC Comics. The character was created by Jerry Robinson, Bill Finger, and Bob Kane, and first appeared in Batman #1. Credit for the character's creation is disputed; Kane and Robinson claimed responsibility for the Joker's design, while acknowledging Finger's writing contribution.... more on Wikipedia
314Like this character?
- As Seen In: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- Photo: DC ComicsStarfire (Princess Koriand'r) is a fictional superheroine appearing in books published by DC Comics. She debuted in a preview story inserted within DC Comics Presents #26 (October 1980) and was created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez.... more on Wikipedia201Like this character?
- Photo: DC ComicsBatwoman is a fictional character, a superheroine who appears in comic books published by DC Comics. In all incarnations, Batwoman is a wealthy heiress who—inspired by the notorious superhero Batman—chooses, like him, to put her wealth and resources towards funding a war on crime in her home of Gotham City. The identity of Batwoman is shared by two heroines in mainstream DC publications; both women are named Katherine Kane, with the original Batwoman commonly referred to by her nickname Kathy and the modern incarnation going by the name Kate. Batwoman was created by Bob Kane and Sheldon Moldoff with writer Edmond Hamilton under the direction of editor Jack Schiff, as part of an ongoing... more on Wikipedia224Like this character?
- 4Photo: Marvel ComicsThe Hulk is a fictional superhero that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, and first appeared in The Incredible Hulk #1. Throughout his comic book appearances, the Hulk is portrayed as a large green humanoid that possesses near limitless superhuman strength and great invulnerability, attributes that grow more potent the angrier he becomes. Hulk is the alter ego of Bruce Banner, a socially withdrawn and emotionally reserved physicist who physically transforms into the Hulk under emotional stress and other specific circumstances at will or against it; these involuntary transformations lead to many complications in Banner's... more on Wikipedia204Like this character?