List of notable businesses founded in California, listed alphabetically with corporate logos when available. This list includes some of the largest, most profitable companies that were founded in California. The famous California companies and corporations on this list include both public and private corporations. You can find information about the popular companies on this list, such as what industry they're part of. When available you can click on the successful California company's names to find out even more about them.
The list you're viewing contains items like Apple and Hewlett-Packard.
This list answers the questions, "What companies were founded in California?" and "What are the biggest California companies?"If you're a California native then this list of the biggest California companies will make you proud. This list is also an excellent resource if you're doing research on reputable businesses from California.
- Twentieth Television is an American television syndication company, and the syndication arm of 20th Century Fox Television.... more
- 3D Systems, headquartered in Rock Hill, South Carolina, is a company that engineers and manufactures 3D printers. The company is credited with the invention of 3D printing. 3D Systems creates product... more
42 EntertainmentVideo game42 Entertainment is an American company based in Burbank which specializes in creating and producing alternate reality games. The company was founded in 2003 as an independently owned, creative... more
989 StudiosVideo game, Video game industry989 Studios was a division of Sony Computer Entertainment America that developed games for the PlayStation consoles and Windows personal computers. Their games include EverQuest, Twisted Metal III... more
- 99 Ranch Market is an Asian American supermarket chain owned by Tawa Supermarket Inc., which is based in Buena Park, California. 99 Ranch has over 30 stores, primarily in California, with other... more
Equity OneReal Estate, Property managementEquity One, Inc is a real estate investment trust, traded on the New York Stock Exchange, with corporate offices in New York, NY and Miami, FL. Equity One owns, manages, acquires, develops and... more
A Plus LimosLimousine Service, Local Passenger TransportationA Plus Limos is a sole proprietorship operating in San Diego County, California, USA. A Plus Limousine provides luxury transportation throughout Southern California for special occasions. Cadillac...
- A&W Restaurants, Inc., is a chain of fast-food restaurants distinguished by its draft root beer and root beer floats. A&W started opening franchises in California, in 1923. The company name was taken... more
A21, Inc.a21, Inc. aggregates visual content from photographers, photography agencies, archives, libraries, and private collections; and licenses that content for its customers. The company's customers... more
- ABC Studios is the television production division of Disney–ABC Television Group. ABC Studios was established as Touchstone Films Television Division in 1985 and given its current name in 2007.... more
AcclarentHealth CareAcclarent, Inc. began as a privately held, venture-backed company, and is now a subsidiary of Johnson and Johnson. It is based in Menlo Park, San Mateo County, California. Acclarent develops... more
- Accolade, Inc. was an American video game developer and publisher of the 1980s and 1990s. Headquartered in San Jose, California, it was founded in 1984 by Alan Miller and Bob Whitehead after leaving... more
Acrocat SoftwareAcrocat Software, is an American Corporation that was founded in 2001. Acrocat Software has produced two Palm OS applications. PDAbs is licensed and distributed by Handmark, a developer and... more
Active-Semi InternationalActive-Semi is an industry-leading supplier of advanced power management solutions targeting a broad range of portable equipment including smart phones, portable navigation devices, and personal...
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the American holding company for Activision, Blizzard Entertainment and Sierra Entertainment, headquartered in Santa Monica, California, United States. In 2009,... more
- Cypress delivers high-performance, mixed-signal, programmable solutions that provide customers with rapid time-to-market and exceptional system value. Cypress offerings include the PSoC® Programmable... more
Aderra Inc.Aderra Inc. is a music technology company based in Los Angeles, London, Las Vegas, Melbourne, Tokyo, Nashville, New York, Paris and Luxembourg. The company specializes in recording live events... more
- Adify focusesbrand-driven advertising networks. Adify's partners are able to extend their brands, increase their reach and grow their revenue by using Adify to aggregate niche, high-quality content... more
Adina World Beat BeveragesAdina World Beat Beverages is a manufacturer of coffee, tea and juice drinks based in San Francisco, California. The company was founded in 2004 by Magatte Wade-Marchand, Greg Steltenpohl and... more
- Adobe Systems Incorporated is an American multinational computer software company. The company is headquartered in San Jose, California, United States. Adobe has historically focused upon the... more
- Advanced Medical Optics, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets medical devices for the eye and contact lens care products.... more
- Advis, formerly known as "Adviz" was founded in the year 2006 by the young twins Jacob Jason Maramba. Just like the rest of young skateboarders hoping to be noticed, their team organized... more