List of notable businesses founded in Ireland, listed alphabetically with corporate logos when available. This list includes some of the largest, most profitable companies that were founded in Ireland. The famous Ireland companies and corporations on this list include both public and private corporations. You can find information about the popular companies on this list, such as what industry they're part of. When available you can click on the successful Ireland company's names to find out even more about them.
The list you're viewing is made up of different items like Dunnes Stores and SuperValu.
This list answers the questions, "What companies were founded in Ireland?" and "What are the biggest Ireland companies?"If you're a Ireland native then this list of the biggest Ireland companies will make you proud. This list is also an excellent resource if you're doing research on reputable businesses from Ireland.
- Élan Corporation plc was a major drugs firm based in Dublin, Ireland, which had major interests in the United States. It was listed on the New York Stock Exchange as ELN, the Irish Stock Exchange as ...more
- SSE Airtricity was founded in Ireland in 1997 and is now a renewable energy company owned by SSE plc. It is an international wind farm developer.
- ALISON is an e-learning provider and academy founded in Galway, Ireland in 2007 by serial entrepreneur, Mike Feerick. Its stated objective is to enable people to gain basic education and workplace ...more
- Anglo Irish Bank was an Irish bank headquartered in Dublin from 1964 to 2011. It began to wind-down after nationalisation in 2009. In July 2011, Anglo Irish merged with the Irish Nationwide Building ...more
- Avoca Handweavers is a clothing manufacturing, retail and food business in Ireland. Started in Avoca, County Wicklow, it is the oldest working woollen mill in Ireland and one of the world's oldest ...more
- Baltimore Technologies was a leading Irish internet security firm, with its headquarters in Dublin Ireland. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange and was briefly part of the FTSE 100 Index ...more
- The Bank of Ireland is a commercial bank operation in Ireland and one of the traditional 'Big Four' Irish banks. Historically the premier banking organisation in Ireland, the Bank occupies a unique ...more
- Barry's Tea is an Irish tea company founded in 1901 by James J. Barry in Cork City. Until the 1960s, tea was sold from a shop in Prince's Street, but thereafter as a result of its increasing ...more
- Ervia, previously known as Bord Gáis or Bord Gáis Éireann, is a multi-utility company distributing pipeline natural gas and water services in Ireland. The state-owned company has built an extensive ...more
- Bord na Móna, abbreviated BNM, is a semi-state company in Ireland, created in 1946 by the Turf Development Act 1946. The company is responsible for the mechanised harvesting of peat, primarily in the ...more
- call4care is a Dutch MVNO that recently became Happybel that began in the Netherlands in 2003 as a joint product of Stichting Call4Care foundation and Dutch MVNE MEC Solutions BV, using the Telfort ...more
- C&C Group plc, is a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of alcoholic drinks, particularly cider. It has production facilities across Ireland, the UK and the US but its products are sold around the ...more
- Dunnes Stores, also known as Dunnes, is a retail chain that is based in Dublin, Ireland. The chain primarily sells food, clothes and household wares. In addition to its main customer base in both ...more
- Eircom Group Ltd. is a fixed, mobile and broadband telecommunications company in Ireland, and a former state-owned monopolist. It is the largest telecommunications operator in the Republic, with a ...more
- The Electricity Supply Board, known for short as the ESB, is a state owned electricity company in Ireland. While historically a monopoly, the ESB now operates as a commercial semi-state concern in a ...more
- First Trust Bank, part of the AIB Group, is a commercial bank in Northern Ireland. It forms part of one of the Big Four banks in Ireland. The bank was created in 1991 when TSB Northern Ireland merged ...more
- Glanbia plc is a global performance nutrition and ingredients group with operations in 32 countries. It has leading market positions in sports nutrition, cheese, dairy ingredients, speciality ...more
- Greencore Group plc is a food company in Ireland. Established by the Irish Government in 1991 when they privatised Irish Sugar, today its lines span mainly convenience food related interests in the ...more
- Heatons is an Irish department store, established in 1946. The store specialises in men's, women's and children's clothing and homewares. They have 52 stores around Ireland, North and South. More ...more
- KBC Bank Ireland plc is a bank in Ireland with offices in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Belfast. It was established in 1973 as Irish Intercontinental Bank. In 1978 KBC Bank, which is ...more
- Imera was a subsidiary of Norwegian offshore services company Oceanteam ASA located in Dublin and Amsterdam. The company was created by merger of a privately owned Irish company Imera Power and ...more
- Independent News & Media plc is a media organisation based in Dublin, Ireland, with interests in 22 countries on 4 continents worldwide. The company owns over 200 print titles, more than 130 radio ...more
- Intel Ireland's parent company – the giant U.S. based Intel microprocessor business – is a public company trading on the NASDAQ exchange. Intel decided in 1989 to build its European manufacturing ...more
- Irish Progressive Services International Ltd was founded in 1998 to provide third-party administration of life assurance operations within the European market. IPSI's client companies distribute ...more