List of notable businesses founded in Kansas City, listed alphabetically with corporate logos when available. This list includes some of the largest, most profitable companies that were founded in Kansas City. The famous Kansas City companies and corporations on this list include both public and private corporations. You can find information about the popular companies on this list, such as what industry they're part of. When available you can click on the successful Kansas City company's names to find out even more about them.
List features Cerner, H&R Block and more.
This list answers the questions, "What companies were founded in Kansas City?" and "What are the biggest Kansas City companies?"If you're a Kansas City native then this list of the biggest Kansas City companies will make you proud. This list is also an excellent resource if you're doing research on reputable businesses from Kansas City.
- AMC Theatres is an American movie theater chain owned and operated by AMC Entertainment Inc., which is itself owned by AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc., a majority-owned subsidiary of Chinese ...more
- American Century Investments is a privately controlled and independent investment management firm. Its headquarters are located at 4500 Main in Kansas City, Missouri, near the Country Club Plaza. The ...more
- Black & Veatch is a global engineering, consulting, construction, and operations company specializing in infrastructure development in energy, water, telecommunications, management consulting, ...more
- H&R Block is a tax preparation company in the United States, claiming more than 24.5 million tax returns prepared worldwide, with offices in Canada, Australia, Brazil, and India. The Kansas ...more
- HMSHost is a highway and airport food-service company, a subsidiary of the Italian company Autogrill S.p.A..
- IGAS is the abbreviation for International Graphoanalysis Society. The organization is far more commonly referred to by its initials than the full name. IGAS traces its beginnings back to 1929, when ...more
- The Kansas City Athletic Club is an athletic club and gentlemen's club in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. Notable members have included President Harry S. Truman and others.
- Lockton Companies Inc. is the world's largest privately held insurance brokerage firm, providing insurance, risk management and employee benefits solutions. In addition to its Kansas City, Missouri ...more
- MaggieMoo's Ice Cream and Treatery is a chain of independently owned and operated franchised stores that specialize in serving ice cream and other desserts. It is a franchise brand in the portfolio ...more
- Newport Television, LLC was a television station holding company founded by Providence Equity Partners and Sandy DiPasquale in 2007 to acquire the television stations owned by Clear Channel ...more
- ShowBiz Pizza Place was a restaurant pizza chain founded in 1980 by Robert L. Brock and Creative Engineering. The brand emerged following a separation between Brock and Pizza Time Theatre, owners of ...more