List of notable businesses founded in New York, listed alphabetically with corporate logos when available. This list includes some of the largest, most profitable companies that were founded in New York. The famous New York companies and corporations on this list include both public and private corporations. You can find information about the popular companies on this list, such as what industry they're part of. When available you can click on the successful New York company's names to find out even more about them.
This list contains items like General Electric and IBM.
This list answers the questions, "What companies were founded in New York?" and "What are the biggest New York companies?"If you're a New York native then this list of the biggest New York companies will make you proud. This list is also an excellent resource if you're doing research on reputable businesses from New York.
- 1Web design
- 31st Playable Productions is a game development studio with a focus on handheld games for kids.... moreVideo game, Video game industry
- 5Abacus Federal Savings Bank is a Chinese American bank in the United States founded in... more
Abacus Federal Savings BankFinancial Services
- 6Abby Z. is a contemporary plus size design label founded by Abby Zeichner in 2004. The company... more
- 7Acclaim Entertainment was an American video game developer and publisher. It developed,... moreVideo game, Interactive entertainment
- 9Adam4Adam is an online dating website designed for men to meet other men "for friendship,... more
Adam4AdamOnline dating service
- 10Adirondack Beverages is a soda company in the New York state area. They produce many flavors... moreBeverages
- 12AKRF specializes in mostly environmental engineering services, consulting, and environmental... more
AKRF Inc.Environmental Consulting Services, Environmental Analysis
- 13Alice + Olivia is a New York, New York-based contemporary clothing company with designer,... moreFashion
- 14The Ambac Financial Group, Inc., generally known as Ambac, is an American holding company. Its... moreFinancial Services, Surety Insurance
- 15The American Association of Port Authorities is a trade association founded in 1912 that... more
American Association of Port Authorities
- 16American Home Mortgage Investment Corporation was the 10th largest retail mortgage lender in... moreFinance, Lessors of Real Estate
- 17NYSE MKT LLC, formerly known as the American Stock Exchange, is an American stock exchange... more
- 18ANC Sports Enterprises, is a sports marketing and signage company based in Purchase, New York.... more
- 19AQP Collective is an art factory that was founded by John Most in New York City in 2002.
- 20Arrow Electronics is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Inverness, Colorado. The company... moreOther Electronic Parts and Equipment Merchant Wholesalers, Electronics industry
- 21Atari is a corporate and brand name owned by several entities since its inception in 1972,... moreConsumer electronics, Video game
- 22Atticus Capital, L.L.C. is a privately owned hedge fund, which invests in public equity... moreFinance, Hedge fund
- 23Avnet, Inc. is a technology Business-to-business B2B distributor headquartered in Phoenix,... moreElectronics industry
- 24Avon Products, Inc, known as Avon, is an American international manufacturer and direct... morePerfumes, Cosmetics
- 25B&H Photo Video, founded in 1973 and located at 420 Ninth Avenue on the corner of West 34th... moreConsumer electronics, Retail