List of notable businesses founded in Palo Alto, listed alphabetically with corporate logos when available. This list includes some of the largest, most profitable companies that were founded in Palo Alto. The famous Palo Alto companies and corporations on this list include both public and private corporations. You can find information about the popular companies on this list, such as what industry they're part of. When available you can click on the successful Palo Alto company's names to find out even more about them.
Examples include Hewlett-Packard and Intuit Inc..
This list answers the questions, "What companies were founded in Palo Alto?" and "What are the biggest Palo Alto companies?"If you're a Palo Alto native then this list of the biggest Palo Alto companies will make you proud. This list is also an excellent resource if you're doing research on reputable businesses from Palo Alto.
- 1Blue Shift is an independent computer game developer. Blue Shift or BSI, was founded in 1995... more on Wikipedia
Blue Shift Inc.Video game industry
- 2The Bon Appétit Management Company is a Palo Alto, California-based on-site restaurant... more on Wikipedia
Bon Appétit Management Company
- 3Danger is asoftware and services company that's revolutionizing the experience of the mobile... more on Wikipedia
- 4E*Trade Financial Corporation is a U.S.-based financial services company headquartered in New... more on Wikipedia
- 5E.piphany is a leading provider of marketing, sales, and service solutions for the largest... more on Wikipedia
- 6Hewlett-Packard Company or HP is an American multinational information technology corporation... more on Wikipedia
- 7Intuit Inc. is an American software company that develops financial and tax preparation... more on Wikipedia
- 8Founded in 2006, Kango is a travel search and discovery engine that allows travelers to make...
- 9Lala.com is a music site where fans can trade CDs for $1, buy new CDs at wholesale prices, get...
La la media, inc.
- 10mSpot Inc. is the developer of Samsung Music Hub – an all-in-one mobile music service that... more on Wikipedia
- 11Ning is a company co-founded by Marc Andreessen (of Netscape fame) and Gina Bianchini. It... more on Wikipedia
- 12Noosh Inc. was founded in 1998 with the goal of creating the industry's leading...
- 13ooma™ is a breakthrough technology start-up, based in Palo Alto, which is rapidly transforming... more on Wikipedia
- 14Powerset is a Microsoft owned company based in San Francisco, California, that, in 2006, was... more on Wikipedia
- 15Printers Inc. Bookstore was an independent bookstore in Palo Alto, California, not far from... more on Wikipedia
Printers Inc. Bookstore
- 16SCORE! Educational Centers, was owned by Kaplan, Inc., which is a subsidiary of Graham... more on Wikipedia
SCORE! Educational CentersEducational Services
- 17Rave Mobile Safety is an American software company founded in New York City in 2004, and... more on Wikipedia
Rave Mobile SafetySoftware
- 18SideStep.com is a travel search company based in Santa Clara, California, now a part of... more on Wikipedia
- 19Socialtext Incorporated is a company based in Palo Alto, California, that produces enterprise... more on Wikipedia
- 20Staccato Systems, Inc. was a developer of music synthesis software products. It provided audio...
Staccato SystemsSoftware Publishers
- 21Strangeberry was a high technology startup in the consumer electronics space. Created a...
- 22SugarSync is a cloud service that enables active synchronization of files across computers and... more on Wikipedia
- 23Tapulous, Inc. was an American software and video game developer and publisher headquartered... more on Wikipedia
TapulousSoftware, Video game
- 24Topix.net is a discussion board website. Topix LLC, the controlling company, has its... more on Wikipedia
- 25Vuze, Inc. is a company formed by some of the core developers of the open source BitTorrent... more on Wikipedia