List of notable businesses founded in St. Louis, listed alphabetically with corporate logos when available. This list includes some of the largest, most profitable companies that were founded in St. Louis. The famous St. Louis companies and corporations on this list include both public and private corporations. You can find information about the popular companies on this list, such as what industry they're part of. When available you can click on the successful St. Louis company's names to find out even more about them.
This list is made up of a variety of items, including Panera Bread and Monsanto.
This list answers the questions, "What companies were founded in St. Louis?" and "What are the biggest St. Louis companies?"If you're a St. Louis native then this list of the biggest St. Louis companies will make you proud. This list is also an excellent resource if you're doing research on reputable businesses from St. Louis.
- 1Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc. is an American brewing company and a wholly owned subsidiary of... more on Wikipedia
- 2Baldor Electric Company markets, designs, and manufactures industrial electric motors,... more on Wikipedia
- 3Established in St.Louis in 1899 by A.L.Dyke, Dyke was the first American auto parts business.... more on Wikipedia
- 4Eagle Industries makes tactical gear for the military and law enforcement. The company was...
- 5Express Scripts Holding Company is a Fortune 100 company as of 2013, the 20th-largest in the... more on Wikipedia
- 6HOK is a global design, architecture, engineering and urban planning firm. As of 2015, HOK is... more on Wikipedia
HOKArchitectural Services, Engineering
- 7KMOV-TV, Inc is a Belo Corp Subsidary, Inc. It owns the Gateway Tower at the KMOV Studios in...
- 8The Lemp Brewery was a beer brewing company established in 1840 in St. Louis, Missouri that... more on Wikipedia
Lemp BreweryAlcoholic beverage
- 9Lighting One is an American company headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Owned by CCA... more on Wikipedia
- 10Linuxgruven was a technical services firm that was designed to specialize in work with the... more on Wikipedia
- 11Monsanto Company is a publicly traded American multinational agrochemical and agricultural... more on Wikipedia
- 13Nestlé Purina Petcare is a St. Louis, Missouri-based subsidiary of Nestlé. It produces and... more on Wikipedia
- 14Panera Bread is a chain of bakery-café fast casual restaurants in the United States and... more on Wikipedia
- 15U.S. Bancorp is an American diversified financial services holding company headquartered in... more on Wikipedia
- 16Ralcorp Holdings is a manufacturer of various food products, including breakfast cereal,... more on Wikipedia
- 17Rawlings is a sports equipment manufacturing company in the United States. It was founded in... more on Wikipedia
- 20Starr's Market, was founded in 1979 and is the oldest wine store in St. Louis. Starr's Wine is... more on Wikipedia
- 21The Timken Company is a global manufacturer of bearings, and related components and... more on Wikipedia
- 22Venture Stores, Inc. was a chain of retail stores aimed at the discount department store... more on Wikipedia