List of notable businesses founded in Washington, D.C., listed alphabetically with corporate logos when available. This list includes some of the largest, most profitable companies that were founded in Washington, D.C.. The famous Washington, D.C. companies and corporations on this list include both public and private corporations. You can find information about the popular companies on this list, such as what industry they're part of. When available you can click on the successful Washington, D.C. company's names to find out even more about them.
List includes Toys "R" Us, Marriott International and more.
This list answers the questions, "What companies were founded in Washington, D.C.?" and "What are the biggest Washington, D.C. companies?"If you're a Washington, D.C. native then this list of the biggest Washington, D.C. companies will make you proud. This list is also an excellent resource if you're doing research on reputable businesses from Washington, D.C..
- Nielsen Audio is a consumer research company in the United States that collects listener data... more
- Blackboard Inc. is an educational technology company with corporate headquarters in... more
- Columbia Sportswear Company is a United States company that manufactures and distributes... more
Crisher EntertainmentArts, EntertainmentCE can produce quality designs from advertising promotions to album covers and web design....
- The Danaher Corporation is a large American global active company headquartered in Washington,... more
Dischord RecordsDischord Records is a Washington, D.C.-based independent record label specializing in the... more
Free Range StudiosFilm industry, FilmFree Range Studios is a messaging firm based in Washington, D.C. and Oakland, California. Free... more
Gastronaut StudiosVideo game
GridPointGridPoint is a cleantech company that provides energy management and sustainability solutions... more
KB TheatresArts, EntertainmentKB Theatres was a Washington, D.C. area movie theatre chain that went out of business in... more
- Marriott International, Inc. is an American diversified hospitality company that manages and... more
National Geographic Image CollectionThe National Geographic Image Collection, a division of the National Geographic Society... more
OctagonOctagon is the global sports and entertainment content marketing arm of the Interpublic Group... more
Students of Georgetown, Inc.Students of Georgetown, Inc., commonly known as "The Corp", is a 5013 non-profit public... more
Sunlight FoundationThe Sunlight Foundation is a 501 nonpartisan nonprofit organization that was founded in April... more
Tabulating Machine Company
- CEB is a publicly traded, member-based advisory firm that provides products and services to... more
- Graham Holdings Company is a diversified American conglomerate, best known for formerly owning... more
- Toys "R" Us, Inc. is an American toy and juvenile-products retailer founded in 1948 and... more