List of notable businesses founded in Washington, D.C., listed alphabetically with corporate logos when available. This list includes some of the largest, most profitable companies that were founded in Washington, D.C.. The famous Washington, D.C. companies and corporations on this list include both public and private corporations. You can find information about the popular companies on this list, such as what industry they're part of. When available you can click on the successful Washington, D.C. company's names to find out even more about them.
List includes Toys "R" Us, Marriott International and more.
This list answers the questions, "What companies were founded in Washington, D.C.?" and "What are the biggest Washington, D.C. companies?"If you're a Washington, D.C. native then this list of the biggest Washington, D.C. companies will make you proud. This list is also an excellent resource if you're doing research on reputable businesses from Washington, D.C..
- 1Nielsen Audio is a consumer research company in the United States that collects listener data... moreEngineering and management services
- 2Blackboard Inc. is an educational technology company with corporate headquarters in... moreSoftware, Prepackaged Software
- 3Columbia Sportswear Company is a United States company that manufactures and distributes... moreClothing
- 4CE can produce quality designs from advertising promotions to album covers and web design.... more
Crisher EntertainmentArts, Entertainment
- 5The Danaher Corporation is a large American global active company headquartered in Washington,... moreManufacturing, Instruments and Related Products Manufacturing for Measuring
- 6Dischord Records is a Washington, D.C.-based independent record label specializing in the... more
- 7Free Range Studios is a messaging firm based in Washington, D.C. and Oakland, California. Free... more
Free Range StudiosFilm industry, Film
Gastronaut StudiosVideo game
- 10GridPoint is a cleantech company that provides energy management and sustainability solutions... more
- 12KB Theatres was a Washington, D.C. area movie theatre chain that went out of business in... more
KB TheatresArts, Entertainment
- 13Marriott International, Inc. is an American diversified hospitality company that manages and... moreTourism, Hospitality
- 14The National Geographic Image Collection, a division of the National Geographic Society... more
National Geographic Image Collection
- 15Octagon is the global sports and entertainment content marketing arm of the Interpublic Group... more
- 16Students of Georgetown, Inc., commonly known as "The Corp", is a 5013 non-profit public... more
Students of Georgetown, Inc.
- 17The Sunlight Foundation is a 501 nonpartisan nonprofit organization that was founded in April... more
Tabulating Machine Company
- 19CEB is a publicly traded, member-based advisory firm that provides products and services to... moreManagement Consulting Services
- 20Graham Holdings Company is a diversified American conglomerate, best known for formerly owning... moreMass media, Media
- 21Toys "R" Us, Inc. is an American toy and juvenile-products retailer founded in 1948 and... moreRetail