List of notable businesses founded in Washington, D.C., listed alphabetically with corporate logos when available. This list includes some of the largest, most profitable companies that were founded in Washington, D.C.. The famous Washington, D.C. companies and corporations on this list include both public and private corporations. You can find information about the popular companies on this list, such as what industry they're part of. When available you can click on the successful Washington, D.C. company's names to find out even more about them.
List includes Toys "R" Us, Marriott International and more.
This list answers the questions, "What companies were founded in Washington, D.C.?" and "What are the biggest Washington, D.C. companies?"If you're a Washington, D.C. native then this list of the biggest Washington, D.C. companies will make you proud. This list is also an excellent resource if you're doing research on reputable businesses from Washington, D.C..
- Nielsen Audio is a consumer research company in the United States that collects listener data on radio broadcasting audiences. It was founded as the American Research Bureau by Jim Seiler in 1949 and... more
- Blackboard Inc. is an educational technology company with corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C. known for its Blackboard Learn learning management system. The company's CEO is Jay Bhatt, who has... more
- Columbia Sportswear Company is a United States company that manufactures and distributes outerwear and sportswear. It was founded in 1938 by Paul Lamfrom, father of present chairperson Gert Boyle.... more
- CE can produce quality designs from advertising promotions to album covers and web design. With a wealth of experience designing Crisher Entertainment (CE) specialize in: Artist/Project...
- The Danaher Corporation is a large American global active company headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States. Its products are concentrated in the fields of design, manufacturing, and marketing... more
- Dischord Records is a Washington, D.C.-based independent record label specializing in the independent punk music of the D.C.-area music scene. The label is co-owned by Ian MacKaye and Jeff Nelson,... more
- Free Range Studios is a messaging firm based in Washington, D.C. and Oakland, California. Free Range works with companies and organizations to create story-based brands, producing media in various... more
- GridPoint is a cleantech company that provides energy management and sustainability solutions for enterprises, government agencies and utilities. GridPoint’s technology and services include... more
- KB Theatres was a Washington, D.C. area movie theatre chain that went out of business in January, 1994.... more
- Marriott International, Inc. is an American diversified hospitality company that manages and franchises a broad portfolio of hotels and related lodging facilities. Founded by J. Willard Marriott, the... more
- The National Geographic Image Collection, a division of the National Geographic Society headquartered in Washington, D.C., USA, is a stock photography agency that manages and licenses one of the... more
- Octagon is the global sports and entertainment content marketing arm of the Interpublic Group of Companies... more
- Students of Georgetown, Inc., commonly known as "The Corp", is a 5013 non-profit public charitable organization at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and is the largest entirely student-run... more
- The Sunlight Foundation is a 501 nonpartisan nonprofit organization that was founded in April 2006 with a goal of increasing transparency and accountability in the United States Congress, the... more
- CEB is a publicly traded, member-based advisory firm that provides products and services to businesses worldwide. Its member clients include 89% of the Fortune 500, 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans,... more
- Graham Holdings Company is a diversified American conglomerate, best known for formerly owning the newspaper for which it was once named, The Washington Post, and Newsweek. Its holdings include the... more
- Toys "R" Us, Inc. is an American toy and juvenile-products retailer founded in 1948 and headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey. The company operates more than 870 Toys "R" Us and Babies "R" Us stores in... more