A list of all the best computer animation movies ever made, many of which are streaming on Netflix and Amazon Prime. This computer animation movie list can be sorted by cast, year, director and more. You can also click on the CGI movie titles in this list for more information about the film, or copy the list to start your own. This list, though, contains the best computer animation movies of all time, as voted on by fans of the films. This CGI movie list can be sorted by alphabetically, by director, by year and more, but is currently ordered from best to worst. Vote up the best movies so that they get closer to the top of the list! You can even re-rank the list to fit your opinions, then share it with your friends on social networks.
These are the top CGI films, as voted on by fellow fans of computer animated movies. Don't like Angel Wars or Avatar? Give them a thumbs down to move them down lower on the lit. If we missed any CGI movies on this list, please add them yourself, as this is an open list, which means you can add any movies whenever you like (choices are subject to moderation). The films on this list cover the most famous computer animation movies of all time and are voted on by people who really care about CGI movies.
You can find the release information for any of the films listed below. It's often available in the data set, so you can even find the cast of some of these by clicking on the names of the computer animation movies. List includes photos and computer animation movie trailers next to the names of the movies.
Whether you're at home and want to watch these computer animation movies on DVD, or streaming on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon... or if you're seeing them in theatres for the first time, this is a list of good CGI movies to help you decide what to watch first. So, from the latest, to the greatest computer animation movies, here is the full computer animation movies list, ordered from best to worst.
- Despicable Me is a computer-animated comedy film franchise distributed by Universal Pictures and produced by Illumination Entertainment. It consists of three feature films, ten short films and ...more
- Minions is a 2015 American 3D computer-animated comedy film directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda, and is a spin-off/prequel to the Despicable Me franchise. Minions Stuart, Kevin, and Bob are ...more
- Avatar is a 2009 American epic science fiction film written and directed by James Cameron, and starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang, Michelle Rodriguez, Joel David Moore, Giovanni ...more
- Set several centuries in the future, the abandoned Alita is found in the scrapyard of Iron City by Ido, a compassionate cyber-doctor who takes the unconscious cyborg Alita to his clinic. When Alita ...more
- Arthur and the Invisibles is a French/American CGI animated/live-action feature film adaptation of the 2002 children's book Arthur and the Minimoys, and the 2003 sequel Arthur and the Forbidden City, ...more
- The Kung Fu Panda franchise from DreamWorks Animation consists of three films: Kung Fu Panda (2008), Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011) and Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016). The first two were distributed by Paramount ...more
- Tom Hanks and director Robert Zemeckis ("Forrest Gump"; "Cast Away") reunite for "Polar Express," an inspiring adventure based on the beloved children's book by Chris Van Allsburg. When a doubting ...more
- Dr. Seuss' The Lorax is a 2012 American computer-animated 3D musical fantasy comedy film produced by Illumination Entertainment and based on Dr. Seuss' children's book of the same name. The film was ...more
- Plucky, pint-sized hero Stuart Little (Michael J. Fox) returns in "Stuart Little 2," delighting audiences with his big heart and even more action-packed adventure. This time, Stuart must journey ...more
- Monsters Incorporated is the largest scare factory in the monster world, and James P. Sullivan (John Goodman) is one of its top scarers. Sullivan is a huge, intimidating monster with blue fur, large ...more
- Mumble (Elijah Wood), a young emperor penguin, lives in Antarctica. Like others of his kind, he needs to be able to sing to attract a mate, but he has a terrible voice. Instead, Mumble must express ...more
- The Shrek franchise from DreamWorks Animation, based on William Steig's picture book Shrek!, consists of four computer-animated films including: Shrek (2001), Shrek 2 (2004), Shrek the Third (2007), ...more
- Toy Story is a CGI animated film series and Disney media franchise that began with the original 1995 film, Toy Story, produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The ...more
- Marlin (Albert Brooks), a clown fish, is overly cautious with his son, Nemo (Alexander Gould), who has a foreshortened fin. When Nemo swims too close to the surface to prove himself, he is caught by ...more
- WALL-E, short for Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-class, is the last robot left on Earth. He spends his days tidying up the planet, one piece of garbage at a time. But during 700 years, WALL-E has ...more
- Cars is a CGI-animated film series and Disney media franchise set in a world populated by anthropomorphic vehicles. The franchise began with the 2006 film, Cars, produced by Pixar Animation Studios ...more
- Dinosaur is a 2000 American live-action/computer-animated science fiction adventure film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation with The Secret Lab, and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the ...more
- The Adventures of Tintin, also known as The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn, is a 2011 3D motion capture computer-animated epic adventure film based on The Adventures of Tintin, the ...more
- Animated elephant Horton (Jim Carrey) finds a speck of dust floating in the Jungle of Nool. Upon investigation of the speck, Horton discovers the tiny city of Who-ville and its residents, the Whos, ...more
- Ratatouille is a 2007 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the eighth film produced by Pixar, and was co-written and ...more
- Surfing means everything to teenage penguin Cody Maverick (Shia LaBeouf). Followed by a documentary film crew, he leaves his home in Antarctica for Pen Gu Island, site of the the Big Z Memorial Surf ...more
- The Incredibles is a 2004 American computer-animated superhero film directed by Brad Bird. A family of undercover superheroes, while trying to live the quiet suburban life, are forced into action to ...more
- Tangled is a 2010 American computer animated musical fantasy-comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Loosely based on the German fairy tale ...more
- A computer-animated omnibus featuring five shorts starring classic Disney characters. The shorts include "Belles of Ice," in which Daisy Duck and Minnie Mouse's friendship comes under strain during ...more
- The Ice Age franchise is produced by Blue Sky Studios, a division of 20th Century Fox, and featuring the voices of Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary, and Chris Wedge. Five films have been ...more