List of countries, nations and states governed or ruled by a representative democracy, sorted alphabetically. In some cases nations may have multiple ruling bodies or government types, meaning they're not exclusively countries that are governed by representative democracy. This list of countries that use representative democracy as their form of government contains various bits of information about each nation, such as the official language or currency of the country. If you're looking for the names of countries with representative democracy governments then you're in the right place.
The list you're viewing is made up of different items like Marshall Islands and Northern Cyprus.This list answers the questions, "Which countries are ruled by representative democracy?" and "Which countries are governed by representative democracy?"
- Cambodia, officially known as the Kingdom of Cambodia and once known as the Khmer Empire, is a country located in the southern portion of the Indochina Peninsula in Southeast Asia. Its total landmass ...more
- Chile, officially the Republic of Chile, is a American country in the south-west point of South America occupying a long, narrow strip of land between the Andes mountains to the east and the Pacific ...more
- The Dominican Republic is a nation on the island of Hispaniola, part of the Greater Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean region. The western three-eighths of the island is occupied by the nation of ...more
- The Federated States of Micronesia is an independent sovereign island nation and a United States associated state consisting of four states – from west to east, Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei and Kosrae – that ...more
- Guam is an organized, unincorporated territory of the United States in the western Pacific Ocean. It is one of five U.S. territories with an established civilian government. Guam is listed as one of ...more
- The Marshall Islands, officially the Republic of the Marshall Islands, is an island country located near the equator in the Pacific Ocean, slightly west of the International Date Line. ...more
- Northern Cyprus, officially the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, is a self-declared state that comprises the northeastern portion of the island of Cyprus. Recognised only by Turkey, Northern ...more
- The Northern Mariana Islands, officially the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, is one of five inhabited American insular areas. It is one of two territories with "Commonwealth" status; ...more
- Palau, officially the Republic of Palau, is an island country located in the western Pacific Ocean. It is geographically part of the larger island group of Micronesia. The country's population of ...more
- São Tomé and Príncipe officially the Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe, is a Portuguese-speaking island nation in the Gulf of Guinea, off the western equatorial coast of Central Africa. It ...more
- Somaliland is a self-declared independent state that is internationally recognized as an autonomous region of Somalia. The government of Somaliland regards itself as the successor state to the former ...more
- Sudan, officially the Republic of the Sudan, is an Arab republic in the Nile Valley of North Africa, bordered by Egypt to the north, the Red Sea, Eritrea and Ethiopia to the east, South Sudan to the ...more
- Tuvalu, formerly known as the Ellice Islands, is a Polynesian island nation located in the Pacific Ocean, midway between Hawaii and Australia. It comprises three reef islands and six true atolls ...more