Country gospel artists list, with photos, ranked best to worst by votes. List includes any good country gospel band label, album and biographical information when available if you click on the names. This list of the top country gospel bands in the world includes all musicians who have released recordings that have gotten distribution, and is an up-to-date list. Country gospel groups and artists are shown below along with any additional genres in which their music belongs. If available, you can also see information about where all country gospel bands on this list got started. These are truly the greatest country gospel bands of all time, since the most famous country gospel artists ever are listed, and the order is decided by actual fans of the best country gospel music.
You can click on the country gospel band names to see more information about that particular notable country gospel group. If they're near the top of the best country gospel artist list, though, then they should have at least some information available. All the top country gospel bands named on the list also have discographies on their pages if you click on the country gospel band names themselves.
You can rank all of these artists, from Marty Raybon to Diamond Rio. Upvote the best artists to see them rise to the top of the list. Be sure to thums up artists like Dallas Holm or The Hinsons if you like them.
All important, significant and iconic names in country gospel music history deserve your votes, so make sure to choose wisely. You can only vote once on this list.
The list includes all new country gospel bands, and if there are any missing on the list, you can always add them yourself. Just make sure they aren't already on the list and check your spelling, because this is already an accurate compilation of the best examples of country gospel, as well as a good place to start if you're asking yourself, or friends, exactly how to get into country gospel music. Especially since the bands at the top of the list will at the very least be the best choices if you're looking for a list of good country gospel bands with which to start out. No point in listening to them if they aren't actually good or even half-way decent country gospel bands.
This list answers the questions "who are the best country gospel bands of all time?" and "who is the greatest country gospel musician ever?"
If you know enough about the genre, please vote based on the quality of the band's music instead of just voting for the most popular country gospel bands that you might've heard of, but not really listened to closely enough to cast an informed vote.
You can impact the order of the list by having your social network weigh in via their votes.
- 110152Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainDiamond Rio is an American Country music/Christian music band formed in 1984 in Nashville, Tennessee. The band consists of Gene Johnson, Jimmy Olander, Brian Prout, Marty Roe, Dan Truman, and Dana Williams. Diamond Rio was signed to Arista Records in 1988. Due to a series of health issues affecting three of its members, however, the band did not make its debut until 1991, with the release of the single "Meet in the Middle". It reached Number One on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts, making Diamond Rio the first country music group in history to reach Number One with a debut single. "Meet in the Middle" was followed by 32 more chart singles throughout the band's career,... more on Wikipedia
- Genres (Music): Christian country music, Country
- Albums: One More Day, A Diamond Rio Christmas: The Star Still Shines, All American Country, Completely, Diamond Rio
- 25036The Hinsons are a multi-award winning Southern Gospel group that was formed in 1967.... more on Wikipedia
- Genres (Music): Christian music, Christian country music, Southern Gospel
- Albums: Hinsons Hits: Gospel Legacy Series
- Genres (Music): Southern/Country/Bluegrass/Folk Gospel
- Nationality: United States
- 42724Marty Raybon (born December 8, 1959) is an American country music artist. He is known primarily for his role as the lead singer of the country band Shenandoah, a role which he held from 1985 to 1997, until he rejoined the band in 2014. He recorded his first solo album, Marty Raybon, in 1995 on Sparrow Records. Before leaving Shenandoah in 1997, he and his brother Tim formed a duo known as the Raybon Brothers, which had crossover success that year with the hit single "Butterfly Kisses". The Raybon Brothers split up in 1997, and Marty Raybon resumed his career as a solo artist. A second self-titled album was released in 2000, followed by 2003's Full Circle. 2006 saw the release of When the... more on Wikipedia
- Genres (Music): Christian country music, Bluegrass, Country
- Albums: When the Sand Runs Out, Full Circle, Hand To The Plow, The Gospel in Black and White, The Grass I Grew Up On
- Nationality: United States of America