From haunting Gothic horror that is all about terror of the mind to the visceral stuff that scares you down to your marrow, the creepiest shows of 2022 have just the thing to keep you up at night. Creepy horror is the stuff that makes your skin crawl more than it makes you jump. In 2022 there are some wretchedly wonderful examples of creepy and we've got them here, ranked thanks to your votes.
Maybe you're just looking for some straightforward psychological horror. Servant serves up just that style of unease, though it may cook up more than you expected. For the creeps that also send your nerves crawling, American Horror Story is an old reliable but the cordyceps infection in The Last of Us may have it beat.
Which of these horror series creep you out the most? Which are you most looking forward to in 2022? Vote up your favorites and watch as the creepiest horror TV shows rise to the top!
- Photo: American Horror Story
When you want your weekly dose of creeps, AHS is always there. As the series moves steadily into the double-digit seasons it cements itself as a great source for fresh creepy-crawly horror in a new flavor each year.
- Actors: Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton, Taissa Farmiga, Jessica Lange, Evan Peters
- Premiered: October 5, 2011
- Photo: Evil2
Supernatural spookiness is the backbone of this drama, with an unexpected trio of investigators - a skeptical psychologist, a priest-in-training, and a blue-collar contractor - encounter the weird, the terrifying, and the creepy.
- Actors: Katja Herbers, Mike Colter, Aasif Mandvi, Michael Emerson, Christine Lahti
- Premiered: September 26, 2019
- Photo: Stranger Things / Netflix
Taking place in 1986, this group of kids (now teens) cannot catch a break. Even if they did succeed in severing the source of previous season's terror there is a fresh nightmare awaiting them, this time spreading the story beyond Hawkins into California and even Russia.
- Actors: Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, Gaten Matarazzo
- Premiered: July 15, 2016
There's no horror like found footage horror and the creep factor crawls in thanks to the slow unfolding of a mystery involving a missing person and a demonic cult. There are many benefits to being an archivist, but the secrets you restore are not one of them.
- Actors: Mamoudou Athie, Dina Shihabi, Evan Jonigkeit, Matt McGorry, Martin Donovan
- Premiered: January 14, 2022