If you work in a hospital, you're bound to see your share of gnarliness. In a world where blood and guts are an everyday occurrence, it takes a lot to shake a medical professional. We scoured the internet for true creepy stories from hospital workers. These scary, real stories will make your skin crawl and your heart race. These tales are not for the weak of stomach or the faint of heart.
From Redditor /u/MurseSean:
This story will forever haunt me. I recently took care of a woman who was in her mid 40s, paraplegic, and had a colostomy. For those not familiar, a colostomy is a pouch that is attached to your colon from the outside of your body that catches your stool. These are for people that have serious issues with their gastrointestinal tract that require an alternative channel for feces to leave their body. Well this patient was a very sick lady to begin with, but she also had a strange infection originating from her colostomy site. She was to the point of sepsis, which again to simplify, is just not good.
Turns out, her husband was very seriously addicted to heroin and needed money in the worst way, so he rented his wife out... meaning that people would pay to come over to their house and have sex with his wife in her stoma... the hole from which the feces left her body.
From Redditor /u/ksocool1:
We had a mother who fed her newborn baby mashed potatoes two hours after he was born, he died a half hour later because he had aspirated (inhaled) the solid food and couldn't breathe.
From Redditor /u/czar_zach:
My dad is in nursing school, told me one story where they brought in a mentally disturbed woman who was behaving violently. She kept on flailing about and then started attacking herself. At one point he said she literally clawed out her eyeball.
It was dangling out of the socket by the optic nerve and everyone tried to restrain her so they could help but one of her arms broke free so she reached up, grabbed her eyeball, and squished it.
From Redditor /u/seaspray:
A woman came in with constipation, I'm sure she tried the conventional routes to cure it, but it somehow got to the point that her husband was giving her water enemas with a GARDEN hose. Needless to say, he blew out her intestine.