This list of family-friendly TV shows will help parents and their children find all kinds of television series that everyone can watch together. With all the crudeness on television for adults and all of the cheesiness on television for kids, these family friendly TV shows strike a nice balance for audiences of all ages. People can stream or watch any show on this list because they are all current, appropriate for everyone, and expected to return for more seasons. Current shows to watch as a family are hard to find these days.
Luckily this list includes the Disney shows that adults actually enjoy, the network sitcoms that are appropriate for kids, and harmless but fun reality shows that are entertaining for all. Some of the educational programming can be just as intriguing for adults.
Current shows for families are often centered around families, while other family friendly TV shows are centered around parenting. Family television also includes a variety of live action series like The Goldbergs, Black-ish, and Young Sheldon.
Which TV shows does your family love? Vote up the best family programming below, and see where the shows you love to watch as a family rank.
- The Voice (NBC, 2011) is an American reality television singing competition hosted by Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Nick Jonas, Blake Shelton, and Carson Daly. Based on the original The Voice of Holland, the concept of the series is to find new singing talent contested by aspiring singers, age 15 or over, drawn from public auditions. The winner is determined by television viewers voting by telephone, Internet, SMS text, and iTunes Store purchases of the audio-recorded artists' vocal performances. They receive US$100,000 and a "record deal" with Universal Music Group for winning the competition. The series employs a panel of four coaches who critique the artists' performances. Each coach ...more
- Genres: Music, Reality
- Actors: Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Carson Daly
- Premiered: April 26, 2011
- The Goldbergs (ABC, 2013) is an American television sitcom created by Adam F. Goldberg. Adam (Sean Giambrone), a geeky 11-year-old, uses a video camera to document his crazy family throughout the 1980s. ...more
- Genres: Comedy
- Actors: Wendi McLendon-Covey, Sean Giambrone, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia, Sam Lerner
- Premiered: September 24, 2013
- Professional dancers pair with celebrities to train and compete in ballroom dancing, receiving guidance from a panel of experts along the way. ...more
- Genres: Music, Reality
- Actors: Tom Bergeron, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli
- Premiered: June 1, 2005
- The Amazing Race (CBS, 2001) is a reality competition tv show created by Elise Doganieri and Bertram van Munster. Teams of two people race around the world in competition with other teams. ...more
- Genres: Action, Adventure, Reality
- Actors: Phil Keoghan
- Premiered: September 5, 2001