Here, you'll find an extensive list of current TV shows trying to be Breaking Bad. Given it's widely considered one of the greatest TV shows of all time, it makes sense Breaking Bad would be an influence for many television writers and producers. While imitation is the highest form of flattery, most viewers and critics don't appreciate shows that are a little too similar to something that's already been done. These programs aren't just inspired by the Vince Gilligan series. They're current shows that are just Breaking Bad ripoffs.
Which TV shows ripping off Breaking Bad will you find here? In Ozark, Jason Bateman stars as a family man dealing with drug lords and murderers, making his character seem eerily similar to Walter White. Other good shows copying Breaking Bad include Sneaky Pete, Fargo, and Mary Kills People.
Which Breaking Bad-esque show is the biggest ripoff? Help us decide by giving the most shameless imitations a thumbs up and please add any good series we may have missed.
- Mary Kills People (Lifetime, 2017) is a Canadian black comedy-drama television series created by Tara Armstrong. Single mother Mary Harris (Caroline Dhavernas) is an ER doctor by day, but by night she and her partner (Richard Short), a former plastic surgeon, moonlight as underground angels of death who help terminally ill patients slip away on their own terms.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Caroline Dhavernas, Jay Ryan, Richard Short, Lyriq Bent, Greg Bryk
- 6331Search Party (TBS, 2016) is an American dark comedy television series created by Sarah-Violet Bliss, Charles Rogers, and Michael Showalter. Four self-absorbed twenty-somethings become entangled in an ominous mystery when a former college acquaintance suddenly disappears.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Alia Shawkat, John Early, John Reynolds, Meredith Hagner, Brandon Micheal Hall
- Premiered: 2016
- 7564Photo: High Maintenance / HBOHigh Maintenance (HBO, 2016) is an American comedy television and web series created by husband and wife team Ben Sinclair and Katja Blichfeld. The show follows a nameless marijuana deliveryman called The Guy (played by Sinclair) as he delivers his product to clients in New York City.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Ben Sinclair
- Premiered: 2016