Here, you'll find an extensive list of current TV shows trying to be Breaking Bad. Given it's widely considered one of the greatest TV shows of all time, it makes sense Breaking Bad would be an influence for many television writers and producers. While imitation is the highest form of flattery, most viewers and critics don't appreciate shows that are a little too similar to something that's already been done. These programs aren't just inspired by the Vince Gilligan series. They're current shows that are just Breaking Bad ripoffs.
Which TV shows ripping off Breaking Bad will you find here? In Ozark, Jason Bateman stars as a family man dealing with drug lords and murderers, making his character seem eerily similar to Walter White. Other good shows copying Breaking Bad include Sneaky Pete, Fargo, and Mary Kills People.
Which Breaking Bad-esque show is the biggest ripoff? Help us decide by giving the most shameless imitations a thumbs up and please add any good series we may have missed.
- 16028Ozark (Netflix, 2017) is an American crime drama series created by Bill Dubuque. Financial planner Marty Byrde (Jason Bateman) must suddenly relocate his family (Laura Linney) from Chicago to a summer resort community in Missouri to wash money and pay off his debt to a Mexican (Esai Morales).... more
- Actors: Jason Bateman, Laura Linney, Sofia Hublitz, Skylar Gaertner, Julia Garner
- Premiered: 2017
Check out more shows like Snowfall!Snowfall (FX, 2017) is an American crime drama television series created by John Singleton, Eric Amadio, and Dave Andron. Set in 1983 Los Angeles, the series revolves around the first crack epidemic and its impact on the culture of the city.... more
- Actors: Damson Idris, Carter Hudson, Emily Rios, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, Michael Hyatt
- Premiered: 2017
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BY3928Disjointed (Netflix, 2017) is a Netflix original comedy series created by Chuck Lorre and David Javerbaum. After decades of advocating for legalized marijuana usage, Ruth Whitefeather Feldman (Kathy Bates) employs her newly graduated son and a team of young "budtenders" to help run her Los Angeles marijuana dispensary.... more
- Actors: Kathy Bates, Elizabeth Ho, Tone Bell, Elizabeth Alderfer, Dougie Baldwin
- 41459Mary Kills People (Lifetime, 2017) is a Canadian black comedy-drama television series created by Tara Armstrong. Single mother Mary Harris (Caroline Dhavernas) is an ER doctor by day, but by night she and her partner (Richard Short), a former plastic surgeon, moonlight as underground angels of death who help terminally ill patients slip away on their own terms.... more
- Actors: Caroline Dhavernas, Jay Ryan, Richard Short, Lyriq Bent, Greg Bryk