On July 5, 1989, NBC aired the first episode of Seinfeld. The premiere season was a rocky one as audiences adjusted to this new kind of sitcom that lacked even a hint of the traditional sentimentality typically associated with network programming. However, the show quickly picked up steam and became one of the most successful sitcoms in the history of television. Not bad for a show about nothing! Seinfeld ran for nine hilarious seasons with the finale airing on May 14, 1998. There aren’t too many TV shows like Seinfeld - it was one of a kind. However, here’s a list of shows for Seinfeld fans that they're sure to enjoy.
Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer were New York City pals brought together by circumstance (they all knew Jerry), not necessarily for their love of each other. There are a few shows similar to Seinfeld in tone. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia revolves around a group of friends and, just like Seinfeld, those shows don’t water down their acerbic nature or put a bow on every half hour episode.
Some of these shows are similar to Seinfeld and some just make the list because they are outrageously funny. AP Bio and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel are well-crafted programs that any Seinfeld fan will appreciate.
Make your voice heard and vote up the current TV shows that you think all Seinfeld fans would love and add any that aren't already listed.
- Photo: 20th TelevisionIt's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FXX, 2005) is an American television sitcom created by Rob McElhenney. A group of five depraved underachievers: twins Dennis Reynolds (Glenn Howerton) and Deandra "Sweet Dee" Reynolds (Kaitlin Olson), their friends Charlie Kelly (Charlie Day) and Ronald "Mac" McDonald (Rob McElhenney), and Frank Reynolds (Danny DeVito), attempt to manage an Irish Pub in South Philadelphia.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton, Rob McElhenney, Kaitlin Olson, Danny DeVito
- Premiered: 2005
- Genres (Tv): Sitcom, Black comedy
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC, 2013) is an American police procedural comedy television series created by Dan Goor and Michael Schur. Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg), an immature but talented NYPD detective in Brooklyn's 99th Precinct, comes into immediate conflict with his new commanding officer, the serious and stern Captain Ray Holt (Andre Braugher).... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Andy Samberg, Stephanie Beatriz, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Joe Lo Truglio
- Premiered: 2013
- Genres (Tv): Comedy, Sitcom, Police procedural
The Marvelous Mrs. MaiselPhoto: Amazon VideoThe Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Video, 2017) is an American period comedy-drama web television series created by Amy Sherman-Palladino. A 1960s housewife (Rachel Brosnahan) discovers she has a knack for stand-up comedy and pursues a career in it.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Rachel Brosnahan, Michael Zegen, Alex Borstein, Tony Shalhoub, Marin Hinkle
- Premiered: 2017
- Genres (Tv): Comedy-Drama, Period drama
- Photo: Life In Pieces / CBSLife in Pieces (CBS, 2015) is an American sitcom television series created by Justin Adler. The series chronicles the lives of three generations of the Short family as they go about their daily lives in Los Angeles County.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Colin Hanks, Betsy Brandt, Thomas Sadoski, Zoe Lister-Jones, Dan Bakkedahl
- Premiered: 2015
- Genres (Tv): Comedy