Acting classes are expensive. That's why the aspiring actors and actresses of tomorrow should watch these current TV shows with the best acting today. Studying the performers in these current television series, which are all currently filming more episodes, will undoubtedly help one’s own performance. These are the shows whose stars make you laugh, cry, and fall in love, all thanks to the amazing acting talents of the cast as a whole. Whether it is Jeffrey Tambor and the rest of the Transparent cast or the cast of Westworld, these shows have the best overall acting on television today.
Though many of these series also have great writing and nuanced individual performances, what really sets them apart are the ways in which the entire casts of every show are great performers. Even if it is not technically an ensemble series, every actor and actress in Better Call Saul and Fargo surely make FX proud every day. When it comes to Apple TV+, it is no surprise that Ted Lasso received the Best Comedic Performance and Outstanding Comedy Series. Watching Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin in Grace and Frankie is like watching a master class in acting, while Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer consistently impress viewers on Killing Eve.
These network, cable, and premium channel shows are all airing right now and all have incredible casts. Which TV shows below do you think have the best acting? Vote up the shows with the best casts and see where your favorites rank.
- Black-ish (ABC, 2014) is an American sitcom created by Kenya Barris. A family man (Anthony Anderson) struggles to gain a sense of cultural identity while raising his kids in a predominantly white,... more
- Grace and Frankie (Netflix, 2015) is an American comedy-drama web television series created by Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris. Finding out that their husbands have been romantically involved for... more
- Sex Education (Netflix, 2019) is an British comedy-drama web television series created by Laurie Nunn. A socially awkward high school virgin (Asa Butterfield) living with his sex therapist mother... more
- Curb Your Enthusiasm is an American improvised comedy television series produced and broadcast by HBO, which premiered on October 15, 2000. It has aired 80 episodes over eight seasons, the last of... more
- Atlanta (FX, 2016) is an American comedy-drama television series created by Donald Glover. College dropout Earn (Donald Glover) navigates through life with his ex-girlfriend (Zazie Beetz), his rapper... more
- Barry (HBO, 2018) is an American crime comedy drama series created by Bill Hader and Alec Berg. An ex-marine (Bill Hader) who is working as a low-rent hitman moves to Los Angeles and joins an... more
- Grey's Anatomy (ABC, 2005) is an American medical soap opera television series created by Shonda Rhimes. A group of young doctors faces the pressure that comes from practicing medicine in a Seatle... more