List of popular Daniel Auber operas, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Daniel Auber operas list includes the names of all Daniel Auber operas, so if you're an opera lover you might recognize many of these historic operas. This famous Daniel Auber operas list contains various bits of information, such as what language they were composed in and what genre the popular Daniel Auber opera falls under. There are a lot of well-known Daniel Auber operas out there so this list is a great way to learn about the ones you haven't heard of before.
Examples of composers on this list include Fra Diavolo and Masaniello, ou La muette de Portici.
This list answers the question, "Which operas did Daniel Auber write?"If you're writing a research paper about historic Daniel Auber operas then this is the perfect jumping off point to find out which famous operas were composed by Daniel Auber.
- Fra Diavolo, ou L'hôtellerie de Terracine is an opéra comique in three acts by the French composer Daniel Auber, from a libretto by Auber's regular collaborator Eugène Scribe. It is loosely based on ...more
- Gustave III, ou Le bal masqué is an opéra historique or grand opera in five acts by Daniel Auber, with a libretto by Eugène Scribe.
- Haydée, ou Le secret is an opéra comique by the French composer Daniel Auber, first performed by the Théâtre Royal de l'Opéra-Comique at the Salle Favart in Paris on 28 December 1847. The libretto is ...more
- L'enfant prodigue is a grand opera in five acts composed by Daniel Auber to a French libretto by Eugène Scribe based on the Parable of the Prodigal Son in Chapter 15 of the Gospel of Luke. It was ...more
- La part du diable is an opéra comique by Daniel Auber to a libretto by Eugène Scribe, loosely based on an incident from the life of the singer Farinelli. It premiered at the Opéra-Comique on 16 ...more
- Le cheval de bronze is an opéra comique by the French composer Daniel Auber, first performed on 23 March 1835 by the Opéra-Comique at the Salle de la Bourse in Paris. The libretto is by Auber's ...more
- Le domino noir is an opéra comique by the French composer Daniel Auber, first performed on 2 December 1837 by the Opéra-Comique at the Salle de la Bourse in Paris. The libretto to the three-act piece ...more
- Les diamants de la couronne is an opéra comique by the French composer Daniel Auber, first performed by the Opéra-Comique at the second Salle Favart in Paris on 6 March 1841. The libretto is by ...more
- Manon Lescaut is an opera or opéra comique in 3 acts by Daniel-François-Esprit Auber to a libretto by Eugène Scribe, and, like Puccini's Manon Lescaut and Massenet's Manon, is based on the Abbé ...more
- La muette de Portici, also called Masaniello in some versions, is an opera in five acts by Daniel Auber, with a libretto by Germain Delavigne, revised by Eugène Scribe. The work has an important ...more