Here are the best Daniel Day-Lewis movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Recognized as one of the greatest actors of all time, Daniel Day-Lewis is widely known for being a very dedicated method actor who remains completely in character throughout production even if it means risking his own health. Nevertheless, Daniel Day-Lewis has proven time after time that he is still one of the best working actors today, earning three Academy Awards for Best Actor, the most by any actor in history. Daniel Day-Lewis's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world.
The order of these top Daniel Day-Lewis movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Daniel Day-Lewis movies will be at the top of the list. Daniel Day-Lewis has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Daniel Day-Lewis movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Daniel Day-Lewis films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Daniel Day-Lewis role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Daniel Day-Lewis performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list of films include There Will Be Blood, My Left Foot, The Gangs of New York, and many more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Daniel Day-Lewis movies?" and "What are the greatest Daniel Day-Lewis roles of all time?"
- Silver miner Daniel Plainview (Daniel Day-Lewis) leads a hardscrabble life with his son, H.W. (Dillon Freasier). When he hears about oil oozing from the ground near the Western town of Little Boston, ...more
- Amsterdam Vallon (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a young Irish immigrant released from prison. He returns to the Five Points seeking revenge against his father's killer, William Cutting (Daniel Day-Lewis), a ...more
- The last members of a dying Native American tribe, the Mohicans -- Uncas (Eric Schweig), his father Chingachgook (Russell Means), and his adopted half-white brother Hawkeye (Daniel Day-Lewis) -- live ...more
- With the nation embroiled in still another year with the high death count of Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln brings the full measure of his passion, humanity and political skill to what would ...more
- No one expects much from Christy Brown (Daniel Day-Lewis), a boy with cerebral palsy born into a working-class Irish family. Though Christy is a spastic quadriplegic and essentially paralyzed, a ...more
- Unemployed young Irishman Gerry Conlon (Daniel Day-Lewis) gets by as a petty thief in 1970s Belfast. When local IRA leaders get fed up with him, he flees to England and meets up with his friend Paul ...more
- Wealthy lawyer Newland Archer (Daniel Day-Lewis) is engaged to sweet socialite May Welland (Winona Ryder) in 1870s New York. On the surface, it is a perfect match. But when May's beautiful cousin ...more
- After married man John Proctor (Daniel Day-Lewis) decides to break off his affair with his young lover, Abigail Williams (Winona Ryder), she leads other local girls in an occult rite to wish death ...more
- Rising teen boxer and Belfast native Danny Flynn (Daniel Day-Lewis) was imprisoned for 14 years after getting involved with the Irish Republican Army. Newly freed from jail in his early 30s, Danny ...more
- This acclaimed biographical drama presents major events in the life of Mohandas Gandhi (Ben Kingsley), the beloved Indian leader who stood against British rule over his country. Dedicated to the ...more
- In this British drama based on the novel by E.M. Forster, Lucy Honeychurch (Helena Bonham-Carter), a young Englishwoman, is touring Italy with her older cousin (Maggie Smith). At a hotel in Florence, ...more
- Successful surgeon Tomas (Daniel Day-Lewis) leaves Prague for an operation, meets a young photographer named Tereza (Juliette Binoche), and brings her back with him. Tereza is surprised to learn that ...more
- Jack Slavin (Daniel Day-Lewis) is an environmentalist with a heart condition who lives with his daughter, Rose (Camilla Belle), on an isolated island. While Jack fights against developers who wish to ...more
- Captain Bligh (Anthony Hopkins) struggles to restore discipline among the crew of the HMS Bounty after the ship has an extended furlough in Tahiti. After the captain doles out floggings and other ...more
- In a seedy corner of London, Omar (Gordon Warnecke), a young Pakistani, is given a run-down laundromat by his uncle (Saeed Jaffrey), who hopes to turn it into a successful business. Soon after, Omar ...more
- Sunday Bloody Sunday is a 1971 British drama film directed by John Schlesinger. A free-spirited young bisexual artist has simultaneous relationships with a female recruitment consultant and a male ...more
- Italian film director Guido Contini (Daniel Day-Lewis) grapples with epic crises in his personal and professional lives. At the same time, he must strike a balance of the demands of numerous women in ...more
- Stars and Bars is an American comedy film released in 1988, directed by Pat O'Connor and based on a book by William Boyd. The film stars Daniel Day-Lewis as Henderson Dores.
- Yakuza brothers are forced to alter their bodies and break into the underground J-pop idol scene.
- 20Nanou is a 1987 drama film directed by Conny Templeman.