Police Think They Have The Man Behind Danielle Stislicki's Disappearance, But She's Still Missing

Danielle Stislicki was last seen on December 2, 2016, after leaving her job at MetLife in Southfield, MI. After failing to meet up with her friends that night or return any phone calls or messages, the 28-year-old was quickly reported missing. Despite years of investigation resulting in over 74 search warrants, Stislicki's whereabouts are still unknown.

Police have been looking into Floyd Galloway Jr. as a suspect since the beginning of the investigation, and they officially named him as a person of interest in the case in 2017. In April 2019, the attorney general charged Galloway with Stislicki's murder; his trial is set to start in November 2022.


  • On December 2, 2016, Stislicki Had Dinner Plans With A Friend But Never Arrived

    Stislicki was 28 years old when she disappeared in early December 2016. She was last seen at her MetLife insurance job, located on Telegraph Road in Southfield, MI.

    According to Stislicki’s father, Richard Stislicki, she was scheduled to work longer than usual on the evening of December 2, 2016. However, work was slow that day, so when one of her friends asked to meet, Danielle requested to leave her job a bit early.

    Stislicki left work at about 5 pm that evening. Her mother, Ann Stislicki, claimed the last message sent from Danielle's phone was to the friend she was meeting for dinner, telling her she was going to stop home before going to their agreed-upon location. Stislicki never made it to the dinner plans she had that night.

  • Stislicki's Jeep Was Found Outside Her Apartment Complex The Next Day

    On December 3, 2016, the friend she was supposed to meet for dinner the night before became worried and went to Stislicki's home in the Halsted and Green River area to check on her. Several of Stislicki's family members also went to her apartment that morning after not hearing from her, including her mother, sisters, aunts, and uncles, among others. 

    Stislicki’s 2015 black Jeep Renegade was found parked only feet away from her front door at the Independence Green apartment complex in Farmington Hills. It's unknown if Stislicki drove it home herself or if someone dropped it off. 

    According to police, the vehicle was empty and showed no signs of a struggle within. However, it was locked with Stislicki’s purse, which contained her driver's license and credit cards, still inside. Her phone was not found.

  • According To Authorities, Stislicki Was Most Likely The Victim Of A Crime

    Soon after Stislicki’s disappearance, her mother said they suspected Stislicki had been abducted and was being held against her will. Her parents claimed it was very out of character for her to miss plans she had made with no warning or explanation. Her mother stated, "Danielle just doesn't randomly not show up. Danielle makes commitments. We are incredibly concerned that she is not here."

    On December 19, 2016, law enforcement officials publicly reported they believed Stislicki was the victim of a crime. Seven months later, on July 19, 2017, officials stated they no longer expected to find Stislicki alive.

  • Authorities Began Looking Into Floyd Galloway Jr., A Former Security Guard At Stislicki's Job

    Floyd Galloway Jr. worked as a security guard for a contract company that had provided security services for MetLife, where Stislicki worked. While he no longer worked as a security guard for MetLife when Stislicki disappeared, they had previously worked there at the same time.

    One of Stislicki’s coworkers reported seeing her talking to Galloway in MetLife's parking lot the day she went missing; the hood of his car was reportedly open. Another employee reported seeing Stislicki drive out of the parking lot with Galloway in the passenger seat that same day.

    According to one of Stislicki’s friends, Galloway was very friendly with Stislicki, considering they only knew one another through work. Sources used by the Local 4 news channel also stated Galloway was connected to Stislicki’s disappearance by a previous DNA test.

  • Investigators Reportedly Removed A Car, A Mattress, And Floorboards From Galloway's Home

    Three weeks after Stislicki went missing, officers received a warrant to search Galloway’s home in Berkley. Sources used by various local news outlets say the house had been cleared out when police arrived. Evidence including a mattress, a car, and floorboards were removed from the home.

    The floorboards were reportedly sent away for testing, but policed declined to explain how these items may be connected to the case.

    Following the search, the chief of police in Farmington Hills - Stislicki's city of residence - issued a statement:

    Farmington Hills detectives and members of the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Crime Lab were at a home in Berkley last night investigating the disappearance of Danielle Stislicki. Farmington Hills detectives and investigators from several other agencies have been involved in searches and the collection of evidence at numerous locations over the past three weeks.

    Detectives, evidence technicians, and crime lab personnel from several law enforcement agencies have been working tirelessly and remain committed to finding Danielle and solving this case. The investigation has been progressing since Day One. I understand a caring public and media are anxious for information. However, no information will be released regarding the specifics of the case in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation.

  • Galloway Pleaded Guilty To An Unrelated Assault On November 27, 2017

    On November 21, 2017, Galloway pleaded guilty to charges related to an attack on a female jogger that took place in Livonia, MI, in September 2016. He pleaded guilty to three felonies, including kidnapping, assault with intent of committing penetration, and assault with intent to cause great bodily harm less than murder by strangulation.

    On November 10, 2017, Galloway rejected a plea deal that would have dropped the charge of assault with the intent of murder. This rejection meant the case went to trial. In December 2017, after pleading guilty to the aforementioned charges, Galloway was sentenced to remain on the sex offender registry for the remainder of his life and serve 16 to 35 years in prison.

    Stislicki’s family attended the sentencing and wanted Galloway to be honest, not only about the attack on the Livonia jogger, but also about Stislicki's disappearance.