List of the best Danny Kaye movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Danny Kaye's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Danny Kaye movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Danny Kaye movies will be at the top of the list. Danny Kaye has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Danny Kaye movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Danny Kaye films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Danny Kaye role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Danny Kaye performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List includes The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Inspector General and more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Danny Kaye movies?" and "What are the greatest Danny Kaye roles of all time?"
- Former carnival performer Hubert Hawkins (Danny Kaye) and maid Jean (Glynis Johns) are assigned to protect the infant royal heir from tyrannical King Roderick I (Cecil Parker). While Jean takes the ...more
- Singers Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby) and Phil Davis (Danny Kaye) join sister act Betty (Rosemary Clooney) and Judy Haynes (Vera-Ellen) to perform a Christmas show in rural Vermont. There, they run into ...more
- A mild-mannered pushover, Walter Mitty (Danny Kaye) longs to be free of his mundane existence, where has to contend with his pushy mother (Fay Bainter) and flighty fiancée (Ann Rutherford), among ...more
- Imaginative cobbler Hans Christian Andersen (Danny Kaye) is asked to leave his hometown because his frequent stories are distracting the children from school. From there he moves to Copenhagen, ...more
- In this farcical Technicolor musical, snake oil salesman Georgi (Danny Kaye) is too honest for his own good. After his partner (Walter Slezak) fires him, the simple-minded Georgi wanders into a ...more
- The Five Pennies was a semi-biographical 1959 film starring Danny Kaye as cornet player and bandleader Loring Red Nichols. Other cast members included Barbara Bel Geddes, Harry Guardino, Bob Crosby, ...more
- On The Double is a 1961 film, directed by Melville Shavelson, who also wrote the screenplay with Jack Rose. It stars Danny Kaye who plays, as in many of his films, two roles — in this case, an ...more
- A Song Is Born is a 1948 Technicolor musical film remake of the 1941 movie Ball of Fire with Gary Cooper, starring Danny Kaye and Virginia Mayo. It was directed by Howard Hawks from an original story ...more
- Edwin Dingle (Danny Kaye) and Buzzy Bellew (also Kaye) are twin siblings with opposite personalities. Hip performer Buzzy becomes a marked man after he catches big-shot gangster "Ten Grand" Jackson ...more
- Nazis are about to overrun France, and a Jewish man named Jacobowsky (Danny Kaye) is stranded in Paris. He hitches a ride with reluctant Polish serviceman Colonel Prokoszny (Curt Jurgens), who ...more
- Smitten by Polly Martin (Virginia Mayo), milkman Burleigh Sullivan (Danny Kaye) promises that his sister, Susie (Vera-Ellen), can get Polly a job at the club she owns. That night, Burleigh interrupts ...more
- While performing in the French Riviera, entertainer Jack Martin (Danny Kaye) finds he can do an uncanny impersonation of wealthy businessman Henri Duran (also Kaye), so much so that no one can tell ...more
- When eccentric English teacher Andrew Larabee (Danny Kaye) needs a raise in order for his fiancée to marry him, his interest in archaeology leads him to an ancient statue's burial site. But when he ...more
- Hypochondriac elevator operator Danny Weems (Danny Kaye) and his best friend, Joe (Dana Andrews), are drafted. After basic training, the men discover that their friends, Virginia (Dinah Shore) and ...more
- Meek credit card company clerk Ernest Klenk (Danny Kaye) is feeling the pressure of demanding coworkers, new computers and an upcoming wedding. This stress leads to a big mistake -- the accidental ...more
- Peter Cottontails is named the new Chief Easter Bunny but loses a contest to the evil January Q. Irontail who wants to ruin Easter. With the help of a time machine Peter sets out to make up for his ...more
- Despite its high percentage of Jewish residents, neo-Nazi Frank Collin (George Dzundza) chooses Skokie, Ill., as an appropriate place for him and his followers to stage a rally. The local Jewish ...more
- When his fiancée leaves him, ventriloquist Jerry Morgan (Danny Kaye) alarms his manager, Marty (David Burns), with a violent outburst directed at his two dummies. After promising Marty to see a ...more
- The Madwoman of Chaillot is a 1969 American satirical comedy-drama film made by Commonwealth United Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros.-Seven Arts. It was directed by Bryan Forbes and ...more
- Pinocchio is a 1976 TV movie.
- Peter Pan was a 1976 musical adaptation of J. M. Barrie's Peter Pan, or the Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up, produced for television as part of the "Hallmark Hall of Fame", starring Mia Farrow as Peter Pan ...more