The Best Date Movies Out Now
Looking for date movie recommendations? Nothing too heavy, too dudeish, too rom-comy, or romantic in general? Something you’ll both enjoy on the big screen, and that will be worth leaving the house for? Maybe something actually macho or girly because you both like either of those? Give some of these date movies out right now a try! Hollywood has all sorts of great date movies currently in theaters to offer you and your paramour if hitting the theaters is your thing.
If you're going on a first date, maybe take in some lighter fair - something with cool visuals while you check each other out with your best side eye. Fifth or sixth date, go with something a little more out there and fun - a film you can talk about for hours afterward, while you awkwardly try to decide if this person is your official girlfriend or boyfriend yet.
Have you been together for ages? One of these awesome current movies to take a date to can still make for a fun evening. By now, you know what you both like and are sure to find a great movie escape from arguing about whose turn it is to do the dishes or get the kids ready for bed.
Whatever your mood or tastes, there's sure to be a good date movie out right now that will make for the perfect date night - no matter if you're looking for romance or an action-packed thrill ride. Here are great movies to watch for couples and dates, which also happen to be some of the best movies out right now.
- Martial-arts master Shang-Chi confronts the past he thought he left behind when he's drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization.
- Actors: Simu Liu, Awkwafina, Meng'er Zhang, Fala Chen, Florian Munteanu
- Directed by: Destin Daniel Cretton
- When a bank teller discovers he's actually a background player in an open-world video game, he decides to become the hero of his own story -- one that he can rewrite himself. In a world where there's no limits, he's determined to save the day his way before it's too late, and maybe find a little romance with the coder who conceived him.
- Actors: Ryan Reynolds, Jodie Comer, Joe Keery, Lil Rel Howery, Utkarsh Ambudkar
- Directed by: Shawn Levy
- 3Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet's exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence, only those who can conquer their own fear will survive.
- Actors: Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård
- Directed by: Denis Villeneuve
- A gambler attempts to give guidance to a young man who is out for revenge against a mutual enemy.
- Actors: Oscar Isaac, Tiffany Haddish, Tye Sheridan, Willem Dafoe, Alexander Babara
- Directed by: Paul Schrader
- Following the deadly events at home, the Abbott family must now face the terrors of the outside world as they continue their fight for survival in silence. Forced to venture into the unknown, they quickly realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the sand path.
- Actors: Emily Blunt, Cillian Murphy, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe, Djimon Hounsou
- Directed by: John Krasinski
- The government sends the most dangerous supervillains in the world -- Bloodsport, Peacemaker, King Shark, Harley Quinn and others -- to the remote, enemy-infused island of Corto Maltese. Armed with high-tech weapons, they trek through the dangerous jungle on a search-and-destroy mission, with only Col. Rick Flag on the ground to make them behave.
- Actors: Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, John Cena, Viola Davis, Sylvester Stallone
- Directed by: James Gunn