List of the best David Hemmings movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. David Hemmings's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top David Hemmings movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated David Hemmings movies will be at the top of the list. David Hemmings has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest David Hemmings movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining David Hemmings films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best David Hemmings role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest David Hemmings performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list is made up of a variety of films, including Gangs of New York and Swan Lake."This list answers the questions, "What are the best David Hemmings movies?" and "What are the greatest David Hemmings roles of all time?"
- Blowup, or Blow-Up, is a 1966 film directed by Michelangelo Antonioni about a fashion photographer, played by David Hemmings, who believes he has unwittingly captured an incident on film. It was ...more
- Islands in the Stream is a 1977 American drama film, an adaptation of Ernest Hemingway's novel of the same name. The film was directed by Franklin J. Schaffner and starred George C. Scott, Hart ...more
- Fred Schepisi's thoughtful ensemble drama looks back on the life of Jack (Michael Caine), an amiable London butcher who leaves behind his devoted wife, Amy (Helen Mirren), and a group of loyal ...more
- Fragment of Fear is a 1970 British thriller film, adapted from the book A Fragment of Fear by John Bingham, starring David Hemmings, Gayle Hunnicutt, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Roland Culver, Flora Robson ...more
- After the arranged marriage of Arthur (Richard Harris) and Guinevere (Vanessa Redgrave), the king gathers the noble knights of the realm to his Round Table. The dashing and stalwart Lancelot (Franco ...more
- A psychic medium (Macha Méril) is brutally murdered, and musician Marcus Daly (David Hemmings) feels a need to solve the case, since he was the one who discovered the body. Working with him is ...more
- During the Crimean War between Britain and Russia in the 1850s, a British cavalry division, led by the overbearing Lord Cardigan (Trevor Howard), engages in an infamously reckless strategic debacle ...more
- The Long Day's Dying is a 1968 war film directed by Peter Collinson and starring David Hemmings. It was listed to compete at the 1968 Cannes Film Festival, but the festival was cancelled due to the ...more
- After learning of mass murderer Jack the Ripper's gruesome reign of terror, private detective Sherlock Holmes (Christopher Plummer) decides to investigate. The police are no help, withholding ...more
- Ninth century English nobleman Alfred (David Hemmings) puts his plans to become a priest on hold, because his country has been invaded by Vikings. An innovative tactician, he earns the nickname ...more
- Hindered by polio, Deborah Dainton (Samantha Eggar) is a beautiful English woman who falls for the charms of painter Leigh Hartley (David Hemmings). While the couple's romance gets off to a wonderful ...more
- Power Play is a 1978 British-Canadian thriller film starring Peter O'Toole and David Hemmings, based on the non-fiction strategy book Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook by Edward N. Luttwak. A small ...more
- Crossed Swords is a 1977 action adventure film directed by Richard Fleischer, based on The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain. It stars Mark Lester, Oliver Reed, Ernest Borgnine, Raquel Welch and ...more
- The Disappearance is a 1997 film directed by Stuart Cooper.
- Beyond Reasonable Doubt is a 1982 New Zealand docu-drama feature film about the conviction of Arthur Allan Thomas, later pardoned, for the murder of Harvey and Jeanette Crewe in 1970 after spending 9 ...more
- Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix) takes power and strips rank from Maximus (Russell Crowe), one of the favored generals of his predecessor and father, Emperor Marcus Aurelius, the great stoical philosopher. ...more
- Eye of the Devil is a 1966 British crime/horror film with occult and supernatural themes directed by J. Lee Thompson and starring Deborah Kerr and David Niven. The film is set in rural France and was ...more
- Amsterdam Vallon (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a young Irish immigrant released from prison. He returns to the Five Points seeking revenge against his father's killer, William Cutting (Daniel Day-Lewis), a ...more
- When a luxury cruise ship reaches the high seas, its owner (Ian Holm) receives a disturbing phone call from a man known only as Juggernaut (Freddie Jones) : Pay a steep ransom or he will explode the ...more
- A team of extraordinary figures culled from great adventure literature (including Alan Quatermain, vampiress Mina Harker from Dracula, the Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, an American secret ...more
- In a picturesque village on the sea, resident Tinker (Oliver Reed) has developed a foolproof plan to seduce -- and then ditch -- wealthy ladies. Thanks to his work photographing tourists on summer ...more
- In a futuristic world, a regime has eliminated war by suppressing emotions: books, art and music are strictly forbidden and feeling is a crime punishable by death. Clerick John Preston (Christian ...more
- Harlequin, also known as Dark Forces in United States, is a 1980 Australian thriller film directed by Simon Wincer and starring Robert Powell, Carmen Duncan, David Hemmings and Broderick Crawford. ...more
- 24Lola is a 1974 Spanish drama film directed by José María Forqué and starring David Hemmings, Alida Valli and Francisco Rabal. A dissolute young hacienda-owner makes many enemies through his ...more
- Redford stars as CIA operative Nathan Muir, who is on the brink of retirement from the field, when he learns his protégé Tom Bishop has been arrested in China on a charge of espionage. No stranger to ...more