List of the best David Janssen movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. David Janssen's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top David Janssen movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated David Janssen movies will be at the top of the list. David Janssen has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest David Janssen movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining David Janssen films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best David Janssen role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest David Janssen performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This is a list that features films like To Hell and Back and Generation."This list answers the questions, "What are the best David Janssen movies?" and "What are the greatest David Janssen roles of all time?"
- Birds of Prey is a 1973 television movie starring David Janssen, Ralph Meeker, and Elayne Heilveil. The screenplay was written by Robert Boris from a story by Boris and Rupert Hitzig, and directed by ...more
- The Los Angeles Police Department, led by Capt. Peter Holly (Charlton Heston), learns that a madman is planning to open fire on football fans in a packed Los Angeles Coliseum. Holly finds himself at ...more
- Moon of the Wolf is an American made-for-television Gothic horror film first broadcast on September 26, 1972, on ABC Movie of the Week. It starred David Janssen, Barbara Rush, Geoffrey Lewis and ...more
- Hijack is a made-for-television dramatic movie that first aired on ABC in 1973 as a movie produced from the ABC Movie of the Week library. It was filmed in the Antelope Valley of California.
- Macho Callahan is a 1970 American-Mexican Civil War film directed by Bernard L. Kowalski and starring David Janssen, Jean Seberg, Lee J. Cobb and James Booth. During the American Civil War, a ...more
- Young Audie Murphy's (playing himself) father abandons his large family, and Audie becomes the main breadwinner. When World War II breaks out, Murphy wants to enlist, but looks too young and small to ...more
- Guy Gabaldon (Jeffrey Hunter) is an orphaned Latino youth raised in Los Angeles by an adoptive Japanese-American family. With the dawn of conflict in the Pacific, Gabaldon enlists in the military as ...more
- As Capt. Edward Smith (Harry Andrews) leads the ill-fated R.M.S. Titanic, he begins to speed up the impressive ship. Meanwhile, billionaire John Jacob Astor (David Janssen) chats with Molly Brown ...more
- A cynical reporter (David Janssen) who is opposed to the Vietnam War is sent to cover the conflict and assigned to tag along with a group of Green Berets. Led by the tough-as-nails Col. Mike Kirby ...more
- Warning Shot is a 1967 film about a police sergeant who kills a man while on a stakeout, then must prove that it was self-defense. It is based on the novel 711 - Officer Needs Help by Whit ...more
- American astronauts Buzz (Gene Hackman), Jim (Richard Crenna) and Clayton (James Franciscus) are stranded in space on their return journey from a new space station when malfunctioning rocket boosters ...more
- Has-been producer Mike Wayne (Kirk Douglas) marries rich closeted lesbian Deirdre Granger (Alexis Smith) in an attempt to regain his financial footing. When his daughter, January (Deborah Raffin), ...more
- The Swiss Conspiracy is a 1976 action film starring David Janssen, Senta Berger and Elke Sommer, and directed by Jack Arnold. It was co-produced between Germany and the United States.
- Lafayette Escadrille, also known as C'est la Guerre, Hell Bent for Glory and With You in My Arms, is an American war film produced by Warner Brothers Pictures. It stars Tab Hunter and Etchika ...more
- Generation is a 1969 comedy film directed by George Schaefer.
- After spending decades in a Siberian Gulag labor camp, Roman Catholic priest Kiril Lakota (Anthony Quinn) is set free by Russian leader Piotr Ilyich Kamenev (Sir Laurence Olivier) at the height of ...more
- Covert Action is a 1978 Italian/Greek co-production Eurospy film starring the American actor David Janssen. The plot was based on the experiences of former CIA agent Philip Agee who initiated a ...more
- In this made-for-TV movie based on a true story, Karen Chambers (Sallie Shockley) is taken from her parents' home by kidnapper John Danbury (James Farentino) and placed in an underground coffin with ...more
- Man-Trap is a 1961 American drama film about a Korean War veteran who becomes involved in a scheme to steal $3.5 million from a Central American dictator. The film was directed by Edmond O'Brien, and ...more
- In this 19th-century drama, an American family from the Northeast heads to Wyoming in search of a better life, only to face tragedy and hardship. Maggie Sergent (Joanna Pettet), the hard-driving ...more
- Gen. Douglas MacArthur (Laurence Olivier) leads a Korean War campaign, and the war tests a married couple's (Jacqueline Bisset, Ben Gazzara) relationship.
- Chief Crazy Horse is a 1955 western film released by Universal-International and directed by George Sherman, starring Victor Mature. The film is a fictionalized biography of the Lakota Sioux Chief ...more
- Andy Shaeffer (Tab Hunter) is a spoiled college student, overly reliant on his protective high-society mother (Jessie Royce Landis). Andy's girlfriend, the far more mature Susan Daniels (Natalie ...more
- Superdome is a 1978 made for TV drama movie. It premiered on ABC as part of The ABC Monday Night Movie series and was used to promote Super Bowl XII. The film featured an impressive cast of stars but ...more
- The frantic life of Broadway superstar Janice Courtney (Debbie Reynolds) catches up with her when she collapses before a throng of reporters. Fleeing to her rural Connecticut home to recuperate, ...more