20 Actors Who Could Pull Off Deadpool
Deadpool, the "Merc with the Mouth," is a fan favorite character who was... well let's just say mishandled to keep things civil in that awful X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie. Luckily for us, everyone at Fox seems to agree that most of that movie won't really be affecting the X-Universe they've created, so we have another chance at seeing everyone's favorite assassin.
Ryan Reynolds did a stand-up job whenever he had the chance (or had a mouth) but the writing and well, every single choice beyond casting they made WAS NOT Deadpool. He's been off and on the project for a solo Deadpool film ever since (seemingly more on, but we worry it's been a long time), and it's official, he is returning. But what if casting went another way?
Which actor can pull off the physicality, the humor, the self aware sensibilities (to a level not seen before on screen), and the general awesome that is Deadpool?For other characters that deserve some time on the silver screen check out this list and cast your votes for who you think should play Deadpool below in this Deadpool casting call by fans.
- Photo: Dick Thomas Johnson / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 2.0
He's perfect! The physicality, the humor, the build. They made the right choice in keeping him around.
But do you agree?
- Photo: Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0If "Supernatural" has taught us anything is that this guy's snark can carry a show for 10 plus years. Plus, he's got a following and has the physique for the role.
- Photo: Tony Shek / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0He's a little on the soft side nowadays, but with a solid workout regime... or go the "use just his voice" route.
- Photo: Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0Pine is probably the only other actor on this list beyond Reynolds who could actually be both the guy IN the suit, and the voice coming from it. He's got the physicality, the build, and when you throw in some Kirk smugness and cockiness with the right writing team, you've got a great Deadpool.
- Photo: Rhododendrites / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 4.0Any time they let Sam Rockwell run free with some comedy on set, Deadpool seems to manifest anyway. The voice, the style of humor, and the dancing? Sold.
- Photo: Dick Thomas Johnson / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 2.0Yes, this guy's attachment to Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy will be stuck with him, BUT, we already know he's willing to put in the work in the gym, he's got the voice, the humor, and everything else Deadpool needs.