List of the best Dennis Hopper movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Dennis Hopper's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Dennis Hopper movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Dennis Hopper movies will be at the top of the list. Dennis Hopper has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Dennis Hopper movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Dennis Hopper films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Dennis Hopper role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Dennis Hopper performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different films, including Jesus' Son and Luck of the Draw."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Dennis Hopper movies?" and "What are the greatest Dennis Hopper roles of all time?"
Dennis Hopper worked with many famous directors, including big names like Ron Howard and Robert Altman. If Dennis Hopper movies are your thing, then check out the greatest movies by Willem Dafoe and Ed Harris too.
- Out of the Blue is a 1980 Canadian drama film directed by and starring Dennis Hopper. The film was written and produced by Gary Jules Jouvenat. It competed for the Palme d'Or at the 1980 Cannes Film ...more
- While on shore leave, sailor Johnny Drake (Dennis Hopper) becomes enamored of Mora (Linda Lawson), a young woman who works as a "mermaid" at a sideshow attraction. But for Mora it's no act. She ...more
- Blue Velvet is a 1986 American mystery thriller flm, written and directed by David Lynch. The film stars Kyle MacLachlan, Isabella Rossellini, Dennis Hopper and Laura Dern. The title is taken from ...more
- Easy Rider is a 1969 American independent road drama film directed by Dennis Hopper. Wyatt (Peter Fonda) and Billy (Dennis Hopper) are freewheeling motorcyclists that sell cocaine smuggled from ...more
- Wealthy Texas rancher Bick Benedict (Rock Hudson) shakes things up at home when he returns from a trip to the East Coast with a love interest, the refined Leslie Lynnton (Elizabeth Taylor). Bick and ...more
- In Vietnam in 1970, Captain Willard (Martin Sheen) takes a perilous and increasingly hallucinatory journey upriver to find and terminate Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando), a once-promising officer who ...more
- When unemployed ex-marine Michael Williams (Nicolas Cage) stumbles into a bar in Red Rock, Wyo., the owner, Wayne (J.T. Walsh), mistakes him for a hired killer and offers him $10,000 to kill his ...more
- Paris Trout (Dennis Hopper), a cruel man who abuses his wife, Hanna (Barbara Hershey), also runs a store where he lends out money. When he goes to collect on a loan, Paris instead shoots two innocent ...more
- Failed college coach Norman Dale (Gene Hackman) gets a chance at redemption when he is hired to direct the basketball program at a high school in a tiny Indiana town. After a teacher (Barbara ...more
- In a world where zombies form the majority of the population, the remaining humans build a feudal society away from the undead. Ruthless Paul Kaufman (Dennis Hopper) rules and protects this microcosm ...more
- Teenage burnout Samson (Daniel Roebuck) has murdered his girlfriend and left her naked body lying on the bank of a river just outside their small California town. He not only doesn't run away, he ...more
- The Last Movie is a 1971 drama film from Universal Pictures. It was written by Stewart Stern and directed by Dennis Hopper, who also played a horse wrangler named after the state of Kansas. It also ...more
- American expatriate Tom (Dennis Hopper) treats Hamburg, Germany, like it's the Wild West and makes a living by hawking art forgeries, but decides to take part in a murder plot for extra cash. All Tom ...more
- When petty criminal Luke Jackson (Paul Newman) is sentenced to two years in a Florida prison farm, he doesn't play by the rules of either the sadistic warden (Strother Martin) or the yard's resident ...more
- After a stint in prison for his first robbery attempt, during which he is badly abused, Daniel Morgan (Dennis Hopper) swears revenge on those who ruined his life. Like the outlaws of the American ...more
- True Romance is a 1993 American film directed by Tony Scott and written by Quentin Tarantino. The film stars Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette with a supporting cast featuring Dennis Hopper, Val ...more
- Tracks is a 1977 American drama film written and directed by Henry Jaglom. The film stars Dennis Hopper, Taryn Power and Dean Stockwell. The story involves a returned Vietnam veteran escorting a ...more
- After moving to a new town, troublemaking teen Jim Stark (James Dean) is supposed to have a clean slate, although being the new kid in town brings its own problems. While searching for some ...more
- True Grit is a 1969 American western Technicolor film written by Marguerite Roberts, directed by Henry Hathaway, and starring John Wayne as U.S. Marshal Rooster Cogburn; Wayne won his only Academy ...more
- Jenny Davis (Susan Strasberg) is a deaf young woman who has run away from home to search for her missing brother. Arriving in the hippie-filled Haight-Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco, Jenny ...more
- The Trip is a counterculture-era cult film released by American International Pictures, directed by Roger Corman, written by Jack Nicholson, and shot on location in and around Los Angeles, including ...more
- Gunfight at the O.K. Corral is a 1957 American film starring Burt Lancaster as Wyatt Earp and Kirk Douglas as Doc Holliday, based on a real event which took place on October 26, 1881. The picture was ...more
- Eye of the Storm is a 1991 German romantic thriller, directed by Yuri Zeltser.
- Chainsaw-wielding maniac Leatherface (Bill Johnson) is up to his cannibalistic ways once again, along with the rest of his twisted clan, including the equally disturbed Chop-Top (Bill Moseley). This ...more
- Four ne'er-do-well sons reunite in their Texas hometown to attend their mother's funeral. Led by older brothers John (John Wayne), a gunfighter, and Tom (Dean Martin), a gambler, the four soon learn ...more