List of the best Dennis Hopper movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Dennis Hopper's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Dennis Hopper movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Dennis Hopper movies will be at the top of the list. Dennis Hopper has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Dennis Hopper movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Dennis Hopper films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Dennis Hopper role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Dennis Hopper performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different films, including Jesus' Son and Luck of the Draw."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Dennis Hopper movies?" and "What are the greatest Dennis Hopper roles of all time?"
- College student Jeffrey Beaumont (Kyle MacLachlan) returns home after his father has a stroke. When he discovers a severed ear in an abandoned field, Beaumont teams up with detective's daughter Sandy ...more
- Easy Rider is a 1969 American independent road drama film directed by Dennis Hopper. Wyatt (Peter Fonda) and Billy (Dennis Hopper) are freewheeling motorcyclists that sell cocaine smuggled from ...more
- Out of the Blue is a 1980 Canadian drama film directed by and starring Dennis Hopper. The film was written and produced by Gary Jules Jouvenat. It competed for the Palme d'Or at the 1980 Cannes Film ...more
- In Vietnam in 1970, Captain Willard (Martin Sheen) takes a perilous and increasingly hallucinatory journey upriver to find and terminate Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando), a once-promising officer who ...more
- While on shore leave, sailor Johnny Drake (Dennis Hopper) becomes enamored of Mora (Linda Lawson), a young woman who works as a "mermaid" at a sideshow attraction. But for Mora it's no act. She ...more
- Failed college coach Norman Dale (Gene Hackman) gets a chance at redemption when he is hired to direct the basketball program at a high school in a tiny Indiana town. After a teacher (Barbara ...more
- When unemployed ex-marine Michael Williams (Nicolas Cage) stumbles into a bar in Red Rock, Wyo., the owner, Wayne (J.T. Walsh), mistakes him for a hired killer and offers him $10,000 to kill his ...more
- Wealthy Texas rancher Bick Benedict (Rock Hudson) shakes things up at home when he returns from a trip to the East Coast with a love interest, the refined Leslie Lynnton (Elizabeth Taylor). Bick and ...more
- Teenage burnout Samson (Daniel Roebuck) has murdered his girlfriend and left her naked body lying on the bank of a river just outside their small California town. He not only doesn't run away, he ...more
- When petty criminal Luke Jackson (Paul Newman) is sentenced to two years in a Florida prison farm, he doesn't play by the rules of either the sadistic warden (Strother Martin) or the yard's resident ...more
- Paris Trout (Dennis Hopper), a cruel man who abuses his wife, Hanna (Barbara Hershey), also runs a store where he lends out money. When he goes to collect on a loan, Paris instead shoots two innocent ...more
- American expatriate Tom (Dennis Hopper) treats Hamburg, Germany, like it's the Wild West and makes a living by hawking art forgeries, but decides to take part in a murder plot for extra cash. All Tom ...more
- The Last Movie is a 1971 drama film from Universal Pictures. It was written by Stewart Stern and directed by Dennis Hopper, who also played a horse wrangler named after the state of Kansas. It also ...more
- A comic-book nerd and Elvis fanatic Clarence (Christian Slater) and a prostitute named Alabama (Patricia Arquette) fall in love. Clarence breaks the news to her pimp and ends up killing him. He grabs ...more
- In a world where zombies form the majority of the population, the remaining humans build a feudal society away from the undead. Ruthless Paul Kaufman (Dennis Hopper) rules and protects this microcosm ...more
- 16Tracks is a 1977 American drama film written and directed by Henry Jaglom. The film stars Dennis Hopper, Taryn Power and Dean Stockwell. The story involves a returned Vietnam veteran escorting a ...more
- Lawman Wyatt Earp (Burt Lancaster) and gunfighter John "Doc" Holliday (Kirk Douglas) find themselves together again in Tombstone, Ariz., despite the tumultuous history between them. Earp comes to ...more
- Secret ops assassin Captain Willard (Martin Sheen) is sent on a mission up a river during the Vietnam War to "terminate with extreme prejudice" the errant Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando). In addition ...more
- Bud Johnson (Kevin Costner), a beer-slinging loser, has one bright spot in his life: his precocious daughter, Molly (Madeline Carroll), who takes care of them both. However, on Election Day, Molly ...more
- After hired hand Tom Chaney (Jeff Corey) murders the father of 14-year-old Mattie Ross (Kim Darby), she seeks vengeance and hires U.S. Marshal "Rooster" Cogburn (John Wayne), a man of "true grit," to ...more
- Boiling Point is a 1993 action-thriller film written and directed by James B. Harris, and starring Wesley Snipes, Dennis Hopper, Lolita Davidovich, Viggo Mortensen and Dan Hedaya.
- Disaffected and restless, Rusty James (Matt Dillon) is spoiling for a fight. Abandoned by his mother and living with his alcoholic father (Dennis Hopper), he hangs out with his girlfriend, Patty ...more
- 23Los Angeles police officer Jack (Keanu Reeves) angers retired bomb squad member Howard Payne (Dennis Hopper) by foiling his attempt at taking hostages. In revenge, Payne arms a bus with a bomb that ...more
- Federal agent Alexandra Barnes (Debra Winger) believes that Catherine Petersen (Theresa Russell) is a serial killer who marries rich men and then murders them for their money. But since Catherine is ...more
- After a stint in prison for his first robbery attempt, during which he is badly abused, Daniel Morgan (Dennis Hopper) swears revenge on those who ruined his life. Like the outlaws of the American ...more