List of the best Dennis Quaid movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Dennis Quaid first received critical acclaim for his performance in The Right Stuff in 1983 and he has been entertaining audiences of all ages ever since. Dennis Quaid's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of this Dennis Quaid movies list is decided by how many votes each title receives, so only his most highly rated movies will be at the top of the list. Dennis Quaid has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what his greatest movie of all time is... so if you and a friend are arguing about this, then use this list to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Dennis Quaid role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Dennis Quaid performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list you're viewing contains films like The Rookie and Frequency and answers the questions, "What are the best Dennis Quaid movies?" and "What are the greatest Dennis Quaid roles of all time?" If you are a fan of Quaid's family friendly films, you might also enjoy our list of best Lindsay Lohan movies and best Meg Ryan movies.
Dennis Quaid is no stranger to working with popular directors, including Joel Schumacher, Stephen Sommers and Steven Soderbergh. Movie fans who love Dennis Quaid have also been known to enjoy films starring Bill Paxton and Jim Caviezel.
- A true story about a coach who discovers that it's never too late for dreams to come true. Jim Morris (Dennis Quaid) never made it out of the minor leagues before a shoulder injury ended his pitching ...more
- What if you had the chance to travel back in time and change just one event in your life? What would it be? For John Sullivan (Jim Caviezel), there is no question. He would undo the events of October ...more
- This adaptation of the non-fiction novel by Tom Wolfe chronicles the first 15 years of America's space program. By focusing on the lives of the Mercury astronauts, including John Glenn (Ed Harris) ...more
- During a war between humans and the reptilian Drac race, spaceship pilot Willis Davidge (Dennis Quaid) ends up stranded on an alien world, along with enemy fighter Jeriba Shigan (Louis Gossett Jr.). ...more
- A scientifically miniaturized marine unexpectedly finds himself floating around the body of a hypochondriac, and trying to outwit saboteurs who want the device that shrank him. Attempts by his ...more
- Selfish teen Alex Gardner (Dennis Quaid) is coerced into joining a government project in which psychics like him are trained to enter others' dreams. He starts learning to use his abilities to do ...more
- After climatologist Jack Hall (Dennis Quaid) is largely ignored by U.N. officials when presenting his environmental concerns, his research proves true when an enormous "superstorm" develops, setting ...more
- Upstart rock 'n' roll singer Jerry Lee Lewis (Dennis Quaid) has just cut a record at Sun Studio. Jerry's cousin, pastor Jimmy Swaggart (Alec Baldwin), tries to steer him away from a depraved life in ...more
- The epic biography of western lawman Wyatt Earp, who at an early age, is taught that nothing matters more than family and the law. He becomes a respected sheriff in Dodge City and Tombstone. Joined ...more
- In this update of a 1961 film, twins Annie and Hallie (Lindsay Lohan) are strangers until happenstance unites them. The preteen girls' divorced parents, Nick (Dennis Quaid) and Elizabeth (Natasha ...more
- Grace Bichon, who is managing her father's riding-stable, discovers that her husband Eddie is deceiving her with another woman. After confronting him in the middle of the night on the streets of ...more
- Disillusioned knight Bowen (Dennis Quaid) befriends Draco (Sean Connery), the last of the dragons, and the two begin scamming village folk as Bowen repeatedly "kills" Draco for money. Bowen soon ...more
- A natural talent in the sport of surfing, teenager Bethany Hamilton (AnnaSophia Robb) loses an arm in a shark attack. Bolstered by the love of her parents (Helen Hunt, Dennis Quaid) and refusing to ...more
- Dave (Dennis Christopher) and his working-class friends Cyril (Daniel Stern), Moocher (Jackie Earle Haley) and Mike (Dennis Quaid) spend their post-high school days in Bloomington, Indiana, sparring ...more
- On a flight over the Gobi Desert in Mongolia, Capt. Frank Towns (Dennis Quaid) and co-pilot A.J. (Tyrese Gibson) are unable to keep their cargo plane in the air when a violent sandstorm strikes. ...more
- Carl Anderson (Liam Neeson), a deaf, mute and homeless war veteran, is arrested for the murder of a prominent judge's secretary. But Kathleen Riley (Cher), Anderson's lawyer, believes her client is ...more
A Dog's Purpose
- Far from Heaven is a 2002 American drama film written and directed by Todd Haynes and starring Julianne Moore, Dennis Quaid, Dennis Haysbert, and Patricia Clarkson. The film tells the story of Cathy ...more
- A contemporary thriller set in the world of drug trafficking. Traffic evokes the high stakes and high risks of the drug trade, as seen through a series of interrelated stories, some of which are ...more
- A professor (Dennis Quaid) and a coed (Meg Ryan) spend his final hours trying to find out who has slipped him luminous poison.
- Yours, Mine & Ours is a 2005 American family comedy film about a family with eighteen children, ranging from 4 year old Ethan, to 18 year old William. Directed by Raja Gosnell, it stars Dennis Quaid ...more
- Four years ago, DAmato's (Al Pacino) Miami Sharks were at the top. Now, his team is struggling with three consecutive losses, sliding attendance, and aging heroes, particularly 39-year-old ...more
- Hard-luck cabbie John Winger (Bill Murray) -- directionless after being fired from his job and dumped by his girlfriend -- enlists in the U.S. Army with his close pal, Russell Ziskey (Harold Ramis). ...more
- After his son is kidnapped by a notorious serial killer, FBI agent Frank LaCrosse (Dennis Quaid) travels to Amarillo, Texas, where he believes the murderer is in hiding. Although officially taken off ...more
- Veteran spies Jane (Kathleen Turner) and Jefferson Blue (Dennis Quaid) abandon their successful careers to raise a family in New Orleans. Jefferson attracts police attention when he beats up mugger ...more