Denny's recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Denny's menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Denny's, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Denny's popular food, so you can bring these exotic tastes to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Denny's is a family restaurant and coffee shop chain with over 1,500 locations around the world. Denny's is known for being "always open" 24 hours and for serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert around the clock. Often located near freeway exits and service stations, Denny's restaurants serve hungry travelers everything from pancakes to Tilapia Ranchero, as well as seasonal items.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.
What are some Denny's recipes? Take a look at this list and you'll learn how to make Denny's favorite dishes.
Making Denny's recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Denny's recipes from around the Web.
Chicken Fajita Breakfast Skillet
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves- Rub chicken breast with fajita seasoning; let marinade for 1/2 hour.
2 cups Home Fries or Hash browns
1 teaspoon Fajita Seasoning
1 Small Bell Pepper
1 Small Onion
1/4 cup Half and Half
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
1/2 cup Sour Cream (optional)
1/2 cup Guacamole (optional)
Salt and Pepper
- Slice marinated chicken into strips; use cooking spray and braise chicken in a hot skillet until done.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet fry; stir on high heat to cook quickly.
- Remove all from heat; set aside.
- Brown leftover cooked potatoes or frozen hash browns, cook until desired crispness; season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Divide in half; place on serving platters.
- Mix egg with half and half, salt and pepper to taste; cook egg mixture into two separate omelets.
- Place mixture on top of browned potatoes; place one half of cooked fajita meat and cooked onions and peppers on top of omelet.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on each platter of fajita platter; serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa if you like.6049Would you try this?
- Photo: flickr / CC0
4 Cubed steaks- Put steaks in a dish in single layers; wipe on both sides with an even coating of corn oil.
2 tablespoons Lambrusco's red wine Or Juice
2 cups Bisquick
1/4 pound Butter or margarine -- Melted
1/3 cup Cooking oil
- Dust steaks on both sides with a generous amount of season salt.
- Drizzle each steak with wine or juice.
- Seal dish in doubled foil or plastic wrap; refrigerate for 24 hours prior to preparing dish.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator; coat both sides well in Bisquick mix.
- Combine butter with oil in a large skillet until melted; brown both sides of each steak until crispy.
- Transfer steaks back to baking dish and seal in foil; bake at 375 for 30 minutes.2521Would you try this?
Bacon Caesar Burger
1 Hamburger bun- Cook hamburger patty; season with salt and pepper.
1 Hamburger patty
1 slice Romaine lettuce
2 Hamburger slices of dill pickles
1 slice of red onion
2 slices of tomato
2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
2 slices of bacon cooked
1/4 cup Caesar dressing - served on the side
- Toast bun separately in a skillet.
- Assemble burger as follows: Bottom bun, slice of romaine lettuce, 2 slices of tomatoes, 2 slices of pickle, onion, hamburger pattie, 2 slices of Monterey Jack cheese, 2 slices of Bacon placed crossways, Top Bun
- Dip your burger in Caesar dressing or serve on side.1822Would you try this?
New York Style Cheesecake
3 lbs. cream cheese- Combine graham cracker crumbs with cinnamon and sugar; add melted butter.
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
4 oz. butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
- Press into pans; set aside.
- Cream the cheese and add remaining ingredients with the eggs last; whip until smooth and pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F; turn down oven and bake for an hour at 275 degrees.
- After baking, put wax paper on top; place a plate on top of paper to weigh it down.
- Cool; top with sour cream layer and chocolate swirls, strawberries, or leave plain.3552Would you try this?